NYSE Stock trading time

hi

I write a EA that trading stocks

how can i set the trading time to NYSE time ? That will auto update when the clock is move back or  forward by the sesson ?

Netanel Tanami: I write a EA that trading stocks how can i set the trading time to NYSE time ? That will auto update when the clock is move back or  forward by the sesson ?

If you want to be able to back-test your EA, you will have to program the EA to calculate the time based on the difference between Broker's Server time and "Eastern Standard Time" or "Eastern Daylight Time" for New York, using a table of timezone settings and adjustments for when daylight savings is in effect (past and future).

For live trading, the easiest and quickest way is to set your local computer time to EST/EDT with automatic daylight savings enabled, so that you can just us the local time as your reference.

Fernando Carreiro:

If you want to be able to back-test your EA, you will have to program the EA to calculate the time based on the difference between Broker's Server time and "Eastern Standard Time" or "Eastern Daylight Time" for New York, using a table of timezone settings and adjustments for when daylight savings is in effect (past and future).

For live trading, the easiest and quickest way is to set your local computer time to EST/EDT with automatic daylight savings enabled, so that you can just us the local time as your reference.

thank you for your answer ! 

can you give me example please ? 

Netanel Tanami: thank you for your answer ! can you give me example please ? 

Search the CodeBase or Articles for examples of something similar, for session identification or for only trading certain sessions.

Reason: