Phoenix is here! - page 36

tururo:
EURJPY settings

Hi Tururo!

Tried your new settings for the EURJPY. It shows a nice Net Profit but the number of trades was only 55. However, everything below 90 trades in 6 months makes the results highly unreliable. Try a different approach. Forget all about the default settings and start with a completely different combination of settings. MD should be below 10% and the number of trades 90 or higher. Go for it!

Hendrick:
Hi Tururo! Tried your new settings for the EURJPY. It shows a nice Net Profit but the number of trades was only 55. However, everything below 90 trades in 6 months makes the results highly unreliable. Try a different approach. Forget all about the default settings and start with a completely different combination of settings. MD should be below 10% and the number of trades 90 or higher. Go for it!

OK, I wasn't aware of the min trade and max drawdown requirements. Will run some more numbers when I get time.

I think this EURUSD meets the requirements

New thread for Phoenix

Ok guys. There's a new thread for Phoenix. Look for "Phoenix 2007". Come and join me there!

Hendrick.

Worse case for the system

What is the week point between 2006/09/07 - 2006/09/28

Files:

Micro account

One problem I have had with the latest Pheonix is that the EA won't trade on a micro demo running at InterbankFX.

I will re-write the code to try and make it work but before I do I thought it would be sensible to ask if anybody else had solved this problem?

If not I will solve it, but I could do something more useful, (like optimising the trading settings), if a solution to this exists already?

This is worth doing because then people can trade live with this great EA on an interbank micro account with only a small capital investment.

Hi Kubera,

There's a new thread for Phoenix (look for Phoenix 2007). The problem with interbank and micro-accounts is fixed. You can find the lastest version of Phoenix in post #1.

Kubera:
One problem I have had with the latest Pheonix is that the EA won't trade on a micro demo running at InterbankFX.

I will re-write the code to try and make it work but before I do I thought it would be sensible to ask if anybody else had solved this problem?

If not I will solve it, but I could do something more useful, (like optimising the trading settings), if a solution to this exists already?

This is worth doing because then people can trade live with this great EA on an interbank micro account with only a small capital investment.

@ Hendrick

My apologizes if I overlooked this, but I have a question for you.

I read earlier someone talking about Bulls Power and Bears Power, but your Phoenix_4_Contest EA uses Osma and SMAs. Could you kindly point out how this system trades...so I can understand the logic behind it? I don't like operating an EA if I do not now why its placing it's orders. So just as if I were to trade this manually...where can I read the underlying concepts of this strategy? Knowing this will also help to test improvements.

Thank you in advance

Reason: