Phoenix is here! - page 2

Hendrick,

Thanks for your hard work on Phoenix. I'll be testing as well.

cgldsmth:
presumably for GMT+0 I'll subtract 2 from each of the time settings, including the gamble time? also, a final trade time of 20 means I can switch off the PC at 8pm and all trades placed would close automatically, right?

you are correct unless you have the same wierd setup as i do (see my post above)

AZBOfin

I am confused by backtesting results. I see the tester chart open up with 3 indicators on it. the bulls power, the bears power the RVI and then I add the phoenix (firebird safe-as it displays on chart) and then...

I start looking for the patterns between when it has placed trades and these indicators using the settings just as they were released with no changes...

I see trades placed when the firebird safe indicator is inside the middle two lines AND out side the two lines.

By no means do I mean this as a disparagement. I am simply noting observations and saying I don't understand.

I don't see any rythm to pattern to the bears and bulls indicator levels that is uniform across the trades nor for the RVI or the firebird safe so I'm not sure how these are being used??

My initial impression of this given that I don't understand it is that it's very timing driven and very trend blind, taking short positions in uptrends and long positions in downtrends. If that is the essense of countertrend trading then that seems backwards to me..What I have to wonder however is that if something is indeed backwards and losing like my test report is...can it be reversed 180 degrees and win commensurately as badly as it lost?

I just don't know if this is coming or going at this point.

Feel free to enlighten me on what I'm missing.

what pairs work best and what time frames with what settings?

Files:
phoenix.htm  232 kb
phoenix.gif  57 kb

hassan2:
I want to know if there are any problem if I sell / buy for 24 hours , and do I have to put the indicator in the chart to make the EA work very well ?! I mean , can I just but the EA and sleep

Hassan,

You don't need the indicator to make Phoenix work.

Aaragorn:
I am confused by backtesting results. I see the tester chart open up with 3 indicators on it. the bulls power, the bears power the RVI and then I add the phoenix (firebird safe-as it displays on chart) and then...

I start looking for the patterns between when it has placed trades and these indicators using the settings just as they were released with no changes...

I see trades placed when the firebird safe indicator is inside the middle two lines AND out side the two lines.

By no means do I mean this as a disparagement. I am simply noting observations and saying I don't understand.

I don't see any rythm to pattern to the bears and bulls indicator levels that is uniform across the trades nor for the RVI or the firebird safe so I'm not sure how these are being used??

My initial impression of this given that I don't understand it is that it's very timing driven and very trend blind, taking short positions in uptrends and long positions in downtrends. If that is the essense of countertrend trading then that seems backwards to me..What I have to wonder however is that if something is indeed backwards and losing like my test report is...can it be reversed 180 degrees and win commensurately as badly as it lost?

I just don't know if this is coming or going at this point.

Feel free to enlighten me on what I'm missing.

what pairs work best and what time frames with what settings?

Hi,

I never use backtesting. There are too many functions in this EA that backtesting can't handle. The only thing that's left is forward testing.

All Hail the Power of Phoneix....

If its anything like Phoneix in XMEN the forex market is DEAD..

Hendrick.... I am going to run Phoneix for the next two weeks in DEMO accounts then I will move to my two Live Account August 1st

Statements will appear soon...

Hendrick,

It's not that big of a deal (just cosmetics) but there is a difference in the bulls/bears power calculation between the EA and the Indicator.

the ea uses a 20 average period and the indicator 13.

AZBOfin

MarvinSk:
All Hail the Power of Phoneix....

If its anything like Phoneix in XMEN the forex market is DEAD..

Hendrick.... I am going to run Phoneix for the next two weeks in DEMO accounts then I will move to my two Live Account August 1st

Statements will appear soon...

Hi MarvinSK

how is your forward test for firebird going...can you please post the statement on firebird thread....

Thanks

Babar

Great Hendrick!!

Thx Hendrick.. for your hardwork

I will test it, and hope phoenix will bring pips to our account....

once again... thank you...

Nice Work Hendrick

Nice work Hendrick, although have one minor issue to point out.

When using EA's guys YOU MUST USE THE BROKERS TIME, Not your local PC time. Brokers time will vary from broker to broker so please workout the GMT +2 & also take note amsterdam could be GMT+1 or GMT+2 depends on daylight saving.

Now I might be wrong but I never use my local time input into EA's as in the past it's always used my metatrader / Brokers time. can we get clarification on this please just so were all singing & dancing trading ON THE RIGHT TIMES.

Jorgka

May the Heavens shower pips on us all

Reason: