OneDailyTrade EA - page 11

superbait:
I have read most of the information from this thread and many people are confusing the gmt setting in EA when its running from the respective forex service provider. Hence it is good for someone who can tell on how to check the gmt in the given forex service provider and then do the necessary deduction/addition to the preset file. Thanks.

Ask your broker what time offset their servers are to GMT. Or, you can use InterbankFX as a guide. Here are the brokers I know and am familiar with:

Interbankfx- GMT

MIGfx- +2

FXDD- +3

I used FXDD for all optimization and presets so you would need to make sure to add/subract hours on ZeroGMT setting to get it just the same.

I hope this helps.

holyguy7:
Ask your broker what time offset their servers are to GMT. Or, you can use InterbankFX as a guide. Here are the brokers I know and am familiar with:

Interbankfx- GMT

MIGfx- +2

FXDD- +3

I used FXDD for all optimization and presets so you would need to make sure to add/subract hours on ZeroGMT setting to get it just the same.

I hope this helps.

dear holyguy7,

double check with you my setting for ZeroGMT in my previous post here.

is that correct for IBX. thanks

anazri:
dear holyguy7,

double check with you my setting for ZeroGMT in my previous post here.

is that correct for IBX. thanks

Thanks Holyguy7 and I will find out from the broer about their gmt. In general the Zerogmt should be changed to according to the respective gmt from the broker. e.g Zerogmt = 0 for interbankfx, zerogmt = 2 for MIGfx and zerogmt = 3 for FXDD

Latest update

well, overall, not a good week for this EA:

started 5000.00 balance

current 4926.04 balance

outstanding positions 3 -$14.77

I will keep it running (not close the positions) and give an update on Tuesday morning.

Hard week for the EA but losses were minimal

I have settled on the following currency pairs for this EA because they trend the best. Yes, this week was down slightly (less than 100 pips) but overall the last 4 weeks, profitable. TSActivation is definitely a good addition to this EA.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURJPY and GBPJPY

I have some suggested settings from recent backtesting optimizations:

All of these will be GMT not +3 GMT but GMT. All these are set to all five days.

I am going to run these with the following presets and one more with TSActivation -10 pips from TP with a trailingpip of 10. I might also up the TP 20 more in case of fast runs.

EURUSD H1

SL: 40

TP: 40

ZeroGMT: 16

HourRange: 14

GBPUSD H1

SL: 80

TP: 80

ZeroGMT: 11

HourRange: 4

USDCHF H1

SL: 50

TP: 50

ZeroGMT: 4

USDJPY H1

SL: 50

TP: 40

ZeroGMT: 21

HourRange: 12

EURJPY H1

SL: 60

TP: 50

ZeroGMT: 1

HourRange: 14

GBPJPY H1

SL: 80

TP: 80

ZeroGMT: 11

One more thing I want everyone in the group to think about. What about a filter (as perhaps a backup) to verify the trend? I was thinking that perhaps adding a MA verification to the EA? Maybe a MACD or Slow Scholastics? Any suggestions on this would help. What do you think about this? Perhaps it would help to stay out of bad trades?

holyguy7:
One more thing I want everyone in the group to think about. What about a filter (as perhaps a backup) to verify the trend? I was thinking that perhaps adding a MA verification to the EA? Maybe a MACD or Slow Scholastics? Any suggestions on this would help. What do you think about this? Perhaps it would help to stay out of bad trades?

Hi,

Interesting thread!

NonLagMA on daily bars might be a good choice; low noise & low lag is hard to beat. And no false signals from so-called 'divergence' like oscillators will generally produce.

The optimum length and filter settings are likely to vary by the pair being traded.

Here is what I got this week

GBPUSD +39 pips

EURUSD -140 pips

USDJPY -32 pips

AUDUSD +10 pips

USDCHF +126 pips

AUDJPY +42 pips

EURJPY +76 pips

GBPJPY -88 pips

USDCAD +50 pips

NZDUSD -80 pips

Grand total= +3 pips

2 trades open USDJPY and USDCAD.

This is with all the presets Holyguy posted.

Quite a few bad trades could have been avoided if the TSactivation had been lowered to 15 or 20 pips.

EDIT: I had another EA I was testing I forget to exclude. Looks like it broke even for this week for me.

I guess what I am thinking of is that the Hour that the EA is suppose to open the trade, what if that hour (say 19:00) that the price is trending against the signal. What I am looking for is that the EA waits until the secondary indicator (whatever that may be) is indicating that signals match up. This could just give us a better price. Maybe an MA on a M15 chart or MACD or something of that nature. Not on Daily chart but on the H1, M30 or M15 chart.

Example:

Say the EURUSD is suppose to go LONG at 16:00.

But the EMA on M30 chart (secondary indicator) is saying that the EURUSD is to be SHORTED.

The EA will then "wait" until both the primary and secondary indicators "match" before placing a trade.

This could prevent us from placing bad trades and/or give us a better price on the OneDailyTrade that we are about to place.

Any suggestions?

The OneDailyTrade with the XMOD update does NOT have an important feature:

bCloseOnlyOppositeOrders

This is a VERY important feature to the EA and allows the EA more profitability.

The current version of OneDailyTrade 1.1b needs XMOD added to it if it works better. It could explain why it was not doing so hot this week.

What about using the RSI set to 21 at the 15min timeframe. If it's above 50 green light for a buy if not waits until it is and visa versa for a sell.

Reason: