Ladies and Gentlemen; The best FOREX system in history for free. - page 2

Simplicity v/s Volatility

i totally agree on what was said. Simple crossing ma will do. i truely beleive that most of the indicators are a sophistication to simple ma visible aids.

i am using :

ma 10 wma and bollinger.

macd 5,35,5

cci 50 to identify the trend reversal.

the ma crossing i wait for is between 10wma i plot and the middle 20 sma of the bollinger band.

regards,

fx-programmer:
This is one of the funniest posts I have ever read.

I quote dr-4x: " Indicators are another big lie. This is a game driven by news and rumors, so why the hill use scientific approach to a game that has nothing to do with science.

And than he says " The system: I use the following EMAs...................."

Dr 4-x : An Ema is an INDICATOR, and an ema cross is an INDICATOR !!!

So inessence what you are saying is : all indicators are a lie , but use my Indicators system.............

Guys, avoid this - History tells us that using moving averages is good for trending market - but will kill you in a choppy market. In the long run Moving averages crosses are not enough.

The forex is though, but with proper leverage and fundamental understanding you can make money.

I would learn the basics first, avoid indicators, just learn the basics and then use indicators for Real time calculation and no more.

Please check post 13 by nnjeim, he understood my post perfectly but you failed to get the point

Hi there!

I agree that the most of indicators lie and the moving average (and its big family) is the least liar.

There's no simple system that can make pips by crossing two EMAs, SMAs or WMAs. System means no less than 4 indicators from different categories (i.e. trend follower, overbought/oversold, volatility measuring etc) confirms each others

If you go the right direction you'll make money, don't let the crossing of 2 moving averages alone telling you the right direction even it was the right!

first sign of reversal

I agree with codersguru.

But for this system which indicator would give a good indication of the first sign of a reversal?

I think it would possibly be when your short ema's direction changes.

On this system I would also say

1) put a tp of 3 * the sl

2) when the price is at enter+sl in profit, move to breakeven+2 pips

codersguru:
Hi there!

I agree that the most of indicators lie and the moving average (and its big family) is the least liar.

There's no simple system that can make pips by crossing two EMAs, SMAs or WMAs. System means no less than 4 indicators from different categories (i.e. trend follower, overbought/oversold, volatility measuring etc) confirms each others

If you go the right direction you'll make money, don't let the crossing of 2 moving averages alone telling you the right direction even it was the right!

Hi

This is the mistake we are all making. Thinking that it is more safer using different gategories indicators. The point is; it does not make you any richer than a simple moving averages cross. Do not forget this is a highly volatile and risky market. 2 moving averages + practice can help just as much as the most colorfull system out there, that is sold for you and me for$$$$.

Dr-4x:
Hi This is the mistake we are all making. Thinking that it is more safer using different gategories indicators. The point is; it does not make you any richer than a simple moving averages cross. Do not forget this is a highly volatile and risky market. 2 moving averages + practice can help just as much as the most colorfull system out there, that is sold for you and me for$$$$.

I kind of agree too

Hi.

I like your approach Dr-4x. Simple is better and MA are greats.

I just want to do only one question: how do you stay out of false break outs? (fake crosses)

MA has lag too like many other indicatos. Off course, they follow the price. Everything behind the price has lag and everything beyond is like to see the future

So, when you have a cross, the MA maybe is 1, 2 or 3 bars behind the real price. And when you want to enter in a trade the price maybe becomes against you.

I attached some pics in example.

Regards.

Files:
cross1.gif  20 kb
cross2.gif  17 kb
cross3.gif  21 kb

Posting pics of your exits at the very top or bottom of the move with no indication why is proof you have no idea what your talking about...:)

Codersguru is right and I have the same opinion with automatedtrader. Adding some more different type indicator may to reduce some of false signal, it's a good idea for it's less risky. As for exit strategy, a doji is not always occur, and when it's occur, it's not always right.

Lower time frames

hi all,

in choppy markets (as spotted on the posted H1 TF) u can find smoother trades on a lower time frames. I would like to ask you all:

what emas values are you using and which time frames, because there is lots of different values adopted out there.

differents emas values for different TF?

cheers,

Reason: