Statistics, optimisation and "lucky coin" .... - page 10

Heroix:

I suppose that is beyond anyone's control. Yes, as has been said, there are insiders and EVERYTHING else. The latter are misleading, giving false impressions. Insiders, on the other hand, are against the law, but they can help one time, and that's from word of mouth... I haven't come across them myself.

If you do nothing, nothing will work. (popular wisdom).

... ...and will remain uncontrollable... if you do nothing.

But by doing, understanding comes -- not all at once, and in small doses.

You don't mean "understanding as absolute knowledge", do you? ;)

avtomat:

Do you have any objections?

Do you have a confirmation?

And why do you need to know that at all? You can be wrong more often than you are right and make money, or you can do the opposite) I.e. you don't need to know "where the market is going" to get a positive mathematical expectation. Only to assume that it will move like it did on history. I.e. the probability and direction of "where" is only partly meaningless without the rest. Two traders can open in different directions at the same time and both will make money. Which one of them knew correctly "where the market is moving"? It moves a lot)).

avtomat:

If you do nothing, nothing will come out. (popular wisdom).

... ...and will remain uncontrollable... if you do nothing.

But as you do, understanding comes -- not all at once, and in small doses.

You don't mean "understanding as absolute knowledge", do you? ;)

It has nothing to do with the market.

Avals:

Do you have a confirmation?

And why do you need to know that at all? You can be wrong more often than you are right and make money, or you can do the opposite) I.e. you don't need to know "where the market is going" to get a positive mathematical expectation. Only to assume that it will move like it did on history.

You can do that. But it is also possible to look at the task in a different way.

It all depends on what goals and objectives to set.

Heroix:

It has nothing to do with the market.

It has to do with everything. And to the market as well.

Avals:

Two traders can open in different directions at the same time and both will make money.

So it's not moving anywhere. Flat. Let them try the same on a move.

avtomat:

This applies to everything. Including the market.

Tell me, where are your results with the "tractor brigade"?

alsu:

So it's not moving anywhere. Flat. Let them try the same on a move.

Avals is probably referring to volatility trading.

alsu:

So he's not going anywhere. Flat. Let them try the same thing on a move.

Is there any guarantee that the "momentum" will continue?

Heroix:

Tell me, where are your results with the "tractor brigade"?

Would you like to have a look at my cottage? ;)))

"Tractor" is a big and long-term project, which has already produced significant results. But the work to improve the tractor is ongoing.

To make another step it is necessary to see and understand where and how to make it. But this understanding-understanding is impossible without previous steps.

alsu:

So, he is not moving anywhere. Flat. Let them try the same on a move.

not necessarily. The first, for example, has worked off a short-term corrective move and the second a long-term continuation. That is, they are on different trading horizons.

Is the other one less informed? Not necessarily, he just doesn't have the saiziness to play small moves, for example. Or does not have the technological/infrastructural advantages that the first has.

And the first one does not have enough money to be satisfied with the small percentage income.

Reason: