Hull Moving Average EA - page 6

bradman:
i have a seperate program: e-trailing with a magic number on the Hull moving average EA i can place SL,TP, breakevens, and trailing stop losses using an identical chart of the same currency. Though maybe magic numbers are just if you want to use the same EA but on a different timeframe. This is a great!!!!! indicator, and the EA off it will be great.

Do you trade manually with this indicator ? If so what time frame do you like best ? Miko5

Would anyone have this indicator for TradeStation (Easylanguage) ? Thanks.

Hi.

What a great EA scorpion has written. Have been trading HMA manually on H1 and really like the results. But manually I only trade with the larger D1 HMA trend direction. Just wondering could anyone ad filter to scorpions EA that it would open trades only if larger TF (say D1) HMA is also in the same direction as H1.

This EA has great potential in correct hands

Thanks

Ivolux

Attached scorpions EA

Files:

Sonu-Exchange is delighted to publicize exclusive online currency exchange services in addition to launching a good and competitive rates of exchange. Please, follow this sonuexchange.com

the Hull Moving Average (HMA), is known to be created by Alan Hull, is an extremely fast and smooth moving average. To be precise, the HMA almost removes lag altogether and manages to improve smoothing at the same time.We could employ the Hull Moving Average as a filter to ascertain price direction.When the prices go up and the HMA follows likewise, this signals indicates a bullish market. When price goes the converse; downwards, and the HMA follows this move, this signals a bearish market. The lag is solved by combining two WMAs, with different periods; One with a period equal to the HMA itself. And the second equal to half that period.The smoothing is done by adding applying a WMA to the result, with the length equal to square root of the period.

Hello Scorpion Have you updated this ea lately? It seems not to work in MT4 build 711, compiling gives some warnings but in live account doesn't open trades. Can you take a look at it, please? Best regards

FxCba:
Hello Scorpion Have you updated this ea lately? It seems not to work in MT4 build 711, compiling gives some warnings but in live account doesn't open trades. Can you take a look at it, please? Best regards

Well, after reading the ea's code looks like is my bad because the name of my Hull ma indi isn't the same as declared in ea. Changing the indi name could solve the issue??

Cheers

The moving average if well used is such a reliable expert advisor when used as a trading strategy. You could use two moving averages to form a forex strategy or an expert advisor for MT4. The rule simply is to buy short when the short period moving average comes on top of the above long period moving average. Then selling when the long perios moving average comes on top the short period moving average.

Ivo:

Hi.

What a great EA scorpion has written. Have been trading HMA manually on H1 and really like the results. But manually I only trade with the larger D1 HMA trend direction. Just wondering could anyone ad filter to scorpions EA that it would open trades only if larger TF (say D1) HMA is also in the same direction as H1.

This EA has great potential in correct hands

Thanks

Ivolux

Attached scorpions EA

Hi, this is an old thread but hoping someone can shed some light on this EA. What are the recommended settings and on which pairs does it work?

Hi All

I too am interested in the Hull MA-EA

I have downloaded Hull_MA_expert_scorpion.mq4 and HMA.mq4 and am running it on several h1 charts

Whilst there has been colour changes in the MA it has not triggered any trades

I have the smiley and all other parameters seem to be correct.

Can anyone shed any light as to why it is not trading

Thanks

Reason: