Coding help - page 85

carbonmimetic:
ok...thank you for your answer...I think it is referred to my post n 821...and for post n 820 as regards fibonacci level?can you code it or give me a similar indicator?

thank's in advance.

WAIT A MOMENT...please....I see an important thing: as regard cycle lines......you rightly write that you can not move them after bars bound and it is ok...but I see on chart that when time is passed...vertical line appears after ......so you can code this indicator.

What do you think about?

What I was trying to explain is the following : due to the fact that vertical lines are aligned to bars, the distances are practically integer values and they can not be adjusted to show exact fibonacci distances (nor any fractional distances) That is simply due to how metatrader shows vertical lines.

As an addition, when there are time gaps (missing bars or Friday to Sunday pause) then time as a measure is going to show wrong values. Coupled with the upper paragraph there is too much imprecision in the whole thing

mladen:
What I was trying to explain is the following : due to the fact that vertical lines are aligned to bars, the distances are practically integer values and they can not be adjusted to show exact fibonacci distances (nor any fractional distances) That is simply due to how metatrader shows vertical lines. As an addition, when there are time gaps (missing bars or Friday to Sunday pause) then time as a measure is going to show wrong values. Coupled with the upper paragraph there is too much imprecision in the whole thing

ok...now it is clear!...and as regard fibonacci levels with highest bar/lowest bar?

carbonmimetic:
ok...now it is clear!...and as regard fibonacci levels with highest bar/lowest bar?

Just checking : does ValueWhen(1,....) mean a value of the expression on the previous ( closed ) bar?

carbonmimetic

Disregard previous post. It is visible from the highs and lows how it works

Since metatrader allows only 8 drawing buffers to get a complete picture this indicator has one additional parameter : ShowHighLowMiddle. If Set to tru it will show only high, low and middle line. If set to true it will show those levels you are looking for. Combining two instances you can get a "complete" picture (something like on the example picture)

Files:
fibo_sup.gif  39 kb
fibo_sup.mq4  3 kb

mladen:
Just checking : does ValueWhen(1,....) mean a value of the expression on the previous ( closed ) bar?

Hi Mladen,

excuse me for my delaied answer to you.....

as regard VALUEWHEN..... this is metastock explanation:

SYNTAX valuewhen ( Nth, EXPRESSION, DATA ARRAY )

FUNCTION Returns the value of the DATA ARRAY when the EXPRESSION was true on the Nth most recent occurrence. This includes all data loaded in the chart.

EXAMPLE The formula "valuewhen( 2, cross(c,mov(c,10,s), rsi(20) )" returns the value of the RSI on the 2nd most recent occurrence of the closing price crossing above its 10-day moving average

mladen:
carbonmimetic

disregard previous post. It is visible from the highs and lows how it works

since metatrader allows only 8 drawing buffers to get a complete picture this indicator has one additional parameter : Showhighlowmiddle. If set to tru it will show only high, low and middle line. If set to true it will show those levels you are looking for. Combining two instances you can get a "complete" picture (something like on the example picture)

i can tell you only one thing: Thankyou very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all ,

Many thanks Mladen for Fibo sup indicator.

We can do with Gann levels , 1/8 = 0,125 (same distance levels).

0.125 , 0.25 , 0.375, 0.500 , 0.625 , 0.750 , 0.875 .

Hoping this indicator can help someone.

Regards.

Files:

sohocool:
Hi all ,

Many thanks Mladen for Fibo sup indicator.

We can do with Gann levels , 1/8 = 0,125 (same distance levels).

0.125 , 0.25 , 0.375, 0.500 , 0.625 , 0.750 , 0.875 .

Hoping this indicator can help someone.

Regards.

Problem was that all in all 11 drawn values were needed. That indicator shows was one of the possible ways how it can be done with one singe indicator and using drawing buffers only (so the simplest way). + see the metastock code : lengths for highest high and lowest low differ in the metastock code

Regards

mladen:
Problem was that all in all 11 drawn values were needed. That indicator shows was one of the possible ways how it can be done with one singe indicator and using drawing buffers only (so the simplest way). + see the metastock code : lengths for highest high and lowest low differ in the metastock code Regards

My idea was to show that we can use other levels than fibo levels,and also use equal levels.

If you want the 0.50 and 100 levels, it is necessary to open two times the indicators.

If i have well understand :we can consider the Fibo sup as a semi automatic fibo?

Regards

Hi,

hope everyone is well. I would be grateful if this attached pivot indicator could be modified to display daily and/or weekly, and/or monthly at the same time.

currently it will only display one or the other but I would like to see them all if I choose. I have looked at several other indicators but this one is the cleanest I like to use.

My thanks

PG

Files:
Reason: