Coding help - page 380

Wulong10:
Hello Mrtools and Mladen,

Firstly thanks for the arrows and the alarm on the PA Adaptive Composite RSI ! Very nice one !

So I want to change some things from this indicator.

Colors and width and also type of the arrow, I have changed my self.

But I also want to alter the sound file (wav).

I have a nice 'chainsaw.wav', I have changed the one in the code 'alert2.wav' into the chainsaw thing and I have put the chainsaw wav also in the folder sounds of MT4.

I thought this would work, but it doesn't. What should I do more ?

If you changed it in the PlaySound() command and if alertsSound is set to true, it has to play that sound file. Also, go to tools->options->events and disable the events there

Hello all,

My english is little, sorry about that.

Today I downloaded System.MetaTrader.dll from mqlsharp.com. (This dll is included some exe installer).

And I open project c# with Class Library.

using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Threading.Tasks; namespace CustomIndicator { class CustomIndicator : MetaTrader { double utga; public CustomIndicator() { Description = "FApp Supercharged"; Copyright = "Copyright © Mqlsharp 2008 2012, All Rights Reserved"; Link = "http://www.mqlsharp.com"; Email = "info@mqlsharp.com"; Version = "1.0"; } public double king() { utga = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Borohul", 60, 50, 6, 1.3, true, true, false, false, true, false, false, 2, 0); return (utga); } } }[/CODE]

Then I write mql code linking this CustomIndicator.dll.

[CODE]

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| testesexp.mq4 | //| Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| https://www.mql5.com | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ #property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp." #property link "https://www.mql5.com" #property version "1.00" #property strict #import "CustomIndicator.dll" double king(); #import //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Expert tick function | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ int start() { double asuu = king(); Alert(asuu); return(0); } //+------------------------------------------------------------------+

but When I run this code on live chart. This Happen some error:

unresolved import function call

Cannot find 'king' in 'CustomIndicator.dll'

How I solve this problem?

I already copied CustomIndicator.dll to Libraries folder.

Ok, thanks, now it works after disabling the events.

jbozman:
I have two issues with the following indicators.

mladen, you did a great job on making the MTF MACD OSMA indicator compatible with the new build. I have one more request with it.

1. Could you please add "NumberofBars" so I can reduce the history shown. It would help speed up my machine as it slows down with too many pairs on chart due to all the history it paints.

Second request:

This Hi/Low indicators paints the previous day, week and monthly hi/lows. Everyone might enjoy this indicators as these areas are "hot" for support/resistance. They might spike one of these areas during news or chop along for consolidation. But I now get many errors/warnings with the latest build. Could you please fix. Also, please add "NumberofDays" so I can set how many days in past it paints. I do not need every line for every day/week/month.

Summary:

1. #MTF_MACD_OSMA nmc: please add "NumberofBars" to reduce history it paints.

2. #HiLo_V1.0c: please make compatible with latest MT4 builds and please add "NumberofDays" to allow for how many days back it paints previous day/week/month high/low lines on chart.

Thanks so much in advance for your help-

jbozman

jbozman

the macd indicator does not need any change (it will calculate only 1 or 2 bars in 99.99% of cases)

hilo indicator seeks for values in a very clomplicated way. Better to use some other indicator that does that task in a much simpler way (no need to make it so complicated)

Hi Mladen

Sir, can you kindly help me with this old code i saw online. After compiling..it is giving the following erroors....I have attached the errors and the ea along with this posting below:

Files:
cwork.mq4  4 kb
errorimagex.png  18 kb

Mastercash:
Hi Mladen Sir, can you kindly help me with this old code i saw online. After compiling..it is giving the following erroors....I have attached the errors and the ea along with this posting below:

Mastercash

Those are just benign warnings (not errors) which would not prevent the EA from working OK, but anyway here is the version without those warnings : cwork_1.mq4

Files:
cwork_1.mq4  4 kb

mladen:
jbozman

the macd indicator does not need any change (it will calculate only 1 or 2 bars in 99.99% of cases)

hilo indicator seeks for values in a very clomplicated way. Better to use some other indicator that does that task in a much simpler way (no need to make it so complicated)

Awesome. Thanks for your insight into the MACD not needing that update. Since I had number of bars added to my MTF TDI, I thought it was the same for MACD.

Also, do you know of a good previous day/week/month indicator?

Why I like this one is because the lines for these levels do not attach to each other and make a mess of the chart...becomes cluttered. This indi only plots segments and doesn't paint across the chart.

Figured I'd ask you first and those in this forum before I start to search. This way the code might be up to the latest, too.

Thanks for all your efforts, mladen. You're immensely helpful.

Thanks,

jbozman

Mladen,

Thanks

mladen:
Mastercash Those are just benign warnings (not errors) which would not prevent the EA from working OK, but anyway here is the version without those warnings : cwork_1.mq4

mladen:
razo

Was already checking it but did not find what could cause that

Will have to start some debugging to see what happens in those cases

Hey Mladen !

I tested it both in Close & Open mode .. same weird behaviour, all legs end on the same candle in totaly random spots ...

Did you find anything else ?

razo:
Hey Mladen !

I tested it both in Close & Open mode .. same weird behaviour, all legs end on the same candle in totaly random spots ...

Did you find anything else ?

razo

Can you explain in plain language what is the exact intention of that indicator? What exactly should it do?

Reason: