Coding help - page 379

mladen:
zigflip Did you try to use this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174409/page2

that'll do great, tanks fr the linkho

I have this mtf tdi indicator that no longer works on the latest build of MT4. Would someone be so kind and willing to update the code so it works on the latest build? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, is it possible to add "NumberofBars" or something like this so it doesn't become such a drag on the processor. Certain pairs, like EUR/USD, have much history, and is not needed for trading, only charting.

(mladen...you just checked the code on the bollinger bands indicator for me on that thread. If you check this/update this code, thanks ahead for your help. You truly are kind for helping us non-coders out.)

jbozman

Files:
mtf_tdi_d.mq4  8 kb

jbozman:
I have this mtf tdi indicator that no longer works on the latest build of MT4. Would someone be so kind and willing to update the code so it works on the latest build? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, is it possible to add "NumberofBars" or something like this so it doesn't become such a drag on the processor. Certain pairs, like EUR/USD, have much history, and is not needed for trading, only charting.

(mladen...you just checked the code on the bollinger bands indicator for me on that thread. If you check this/update this code, thanks ahead for your help. You truly are kind for helping us non-coders out.)

jbozman

Try it out now (add "NumberofBars"): mtf_tdi_d_nmc.mq4

Files:

Anyway:
Try it out now (add "NumberofBars"): mtf_tdi_d_nmc.mq4

You guys are absolutely incredible. Thanks a million (pips). I am out the door, but I compiled in Metaeditor for Build 711 (think that's the latest) and no errors...unlike previous which didn't work.

I'll test it later.

Cheers,

jbozman

hello,

this indicator doesn't update the graph after each new candle.

Could some help to get an self-updating version working?

fourier_extrapolator_4th_cycle.mq4

Hello everyone

I have little problem with one custom indicator. Indicator is working perfectly and giving signals I want, but occasionally indicator is having internal errors. These internal errors always occur while signal/alert is triggered. During error indicator "draws" signal markings to the chart but for example sound event is not played. Expert tab is not showing anything during those signals when internal error is occured. Error is 4024 and according to this site Runtime Errors - MQL4 Documentation that means "internal error".

So my question is, what is the best way to debug this error ? Anyone else had similar problems ?

Thank you

That is almost sure a results of new builds (and some of the functions that you are using in your code)

Still too much bugs un these last builds

mladen:
That is almost sure a results of new builds (and some of the functions that you are using in your code) Still too much bugs un these last builds

Any workarounds ? Older builds without so many bugs ?

I have two issues with the following indicators.

mladen, you did a great job on making the MTF MACD OSMA indicator compatible with the new build. I have one more request with it.

1. Could you please add "NumberofBars" so I can reduce the history shown. It would help speed up my machine as it slows down with too many pairs on chart due to all the history it paints.

Second request:

This Hi/Low indicators paints the previous day, week and monthly hi/lows. Everyone might enjoy this indicators as these areas are "hot" for support/resistance. They might spike one of these areas during news or chop along for consolidation. But I now get many errors/warnings with the latest build. Could you please fix. Also, please add "NumberofDays" so I can set how many days in past it paints. I do not need every line for every day/week/month.

Summary:

1. #MTF_MACD_OSMA nmc: please add "NumberofBars" to reduce history it paints.

2. #HiLo_V1.0c: please make compatible with latest MT4 builds and please add "NumberofDays" to allow for how many days back it paints previous day/week/month high/low lines on chart.

Thanks so much in advance for your help-

jbozman

Files:

Hello Mrtools and Mladen,

Firstly thanks for the arrows and the alarm on the PA Adaptive Composite RSI ! Very nice one !

So I want to change some things from this indicator.

Colors and width and also type of the arrow, I have changed my self.

But I also want to alter the sound file (wav).

I have a nice 'chainsaw.wav', I have changed the one in the code 'alert2.wav' into the chainsaw thing and I have put the chainsaw wav also in the folder sounds of MT4.

I thought this would work, but it doesn't. What should I do more ?

Reason: