Coding help - page 168

sunshineh:
Hi,

I have calculated the standard deviation line "by hand".

Now I want to draw a channel like the original Deviation Channel from the metatrader.

But I don't know how to calculate the factor = 0.618 to my normal deviation line so that it works like the original channel ...OBJPROP_DEVIATION,0.618)

sunshineh

Not sure if I understand. Are you referring to the linear regression channel? If yes, then you can not do that using that object but a separate indicator must be used (like some of the indicators from this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174318 )

Thank you, I searched on this thread already, but I havn't found the answer there.

Here is the indicator I use on my chart:

Objects Regression and StdDevChannel and ObjectGetValueByShift... / Forum: Forex Trading with MetaTrader 4

This indicator works with OBJ_STDDEVCHANNEL form metatrader and there I have a inside channel und the widest channel. But when I want to get the values from the inside and the widest channel I only the value1, time1, value2 and time2 from the middle line. How can I read out the channel values??

sunshineh:
Thank you, I searched on this thread already, but I havn't found the answer there.

Objects Regression and StdDevChannel and ObjectGetValueByShift... / Forum: Forex Trading with MetaTrader 4

This indicator works with OBJ_STDDEVCHANNEL form metatrader and there I have a inside channel und the widest channel. But when I want to get the values from the inside and the widest channel I only the value1, time1, value2 and time2 from the middle line. How can I read out the channel values??

As far as I see, if you have the values from the middle line all you have to do is to use a standar deviation for calculation of the inner and outer width and that way you can get the channel values at those points. For widths you could use something like this in the case of that indicator :

double dev = iStdDev(NULL,STD.Rgres.period,STD.Rgres.length,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);

double innerWidth = STD.width*dev;

double outerWidth = STD.Rgres.width*dev;

sunshineh:

Hi Sunshineh,

If you know the names of the channel lines...you can try using ObjectGetValueByShift()...which is different than ObjectGetShiftByValue()...

Hope this helps,

Robert

hi mladen,

i try many different ways & read other mtf indicators(too complex for me to adapt, when i adapt, the indicator will halt or not work ), to adapt to my situation, i try to use your version, but remove the check symbol code and mtf (if not remove mtf, the checksymbol function seems someway related to it, and halt the PC and indicator and previous verisons seems disallow internal preset symbols implementation), as attached ,seems more fit to my intent, could you kindly add back the mtf functionality(not need for checking symbols functionality this time) , and my version attached here seems has some repaint past and refresh shifting lines problems(especially i press refresh button of the mt4), what's cause of it, is that can be fixable? Many thanks and please patience with kindegarten novice like me.

kenwa:
hi mladen, i try many different ways & read other mtf indicators(too complex for me to adapt, when i adapt, the indicator will halt or not work ), to adapt to my situation, i try to use your version, but remove the check symbol code and mtf (if not remove mtf, the checksymbol function seems someway related to it, and halt the PC and indicator and previous verisons seems disallow internal preset symbols implementation), as attached ,seems more fit to my intent, could you kindly add back the mtf functionality(not need for checking symbols functionality this time) , and my version attached here seems has some repaint past and refresh shifting lines problems(especially i press refresh button of the mt4), what's cause of it, is that can be fixable? Many thanks and please patience with kindegarten novice like me.

kenwa

please read what has been told to you in previous posts and please understand the following : some things can not be coded in a simple way. What you see is probably the simplest way it can be done. There is no magic wand that will make some code work that it is not made to do nor are there any shortcuts in coding : it takes much more time to learn than one day of reading pdfs

It took me much, much longer than 1 day to understand all that is told in the documents describing mql

PS: flooding the thread with the same request over and over disregarding what the answers to previous requests were always have one result : after some time nobody is going to read your posts

Hi everyone, Hi Mrtools & Mladen,

Please can someone explain how the RSX (who seems to be different of the Jurik RSX) is calculated, to code it on Prorealtime.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day

Zilliq

zilliq:
Hi everyone, Hi Mrtools & Mladen,

Please can someone explain how the RSX (who seems to be different of the Jurik RSX) is calculated, to code it on Prorealtime.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day

Zilliq

Never worked in prorealtime

What is the problem in converting the metatrader version to prorealtime (that is available in its source format and in which you can see all that is done)?

Thanks Mladen for your answer

In fact I'm a perfect newbie in MT4 as you know, that's why I don't understand what the code do in MT4, sorry

I want to code a RSX PRT code for the french community who trade a lot on Prorealtime

Thanks a lot

Zilliq

zilliq:
Thanks Mladen for your answer

In fact I'm a perfect newbie in MT4 as you know, that's why I don't understand what the code do in MT4, sorry

I want to code a RSX PRT code for the french community who trade a lot on Prorealtime

Thanks a lot

Zilliq

The shortest description is that it is a ratio of smoothed momentum and smoothed absolute momentum (the majority of the code you see there is smoothing - the essence is in the first two lines) That is the closest description that I can give you since you have to duplicate the smoothing exactly the same it is done in order to get the same result

Reason: