PivotMagic EA: Magical power of pivots present NOMINAL LOSS (close to zero) over time - page 5

Simultanuous orders with PivotMagic EA now possible

I resolved the issue which prevented simultanuous orders with different pairs.

Please use the attached 2.6 version for forward testing with multiple pairs.

Best of luck...

Files:

Michel:

40 pips / 2 days on EURUSD aren't any more magical at all, so, go real with your toy and your money. Trust me, that's the way for you to make big money.

First become a trader, then you will understand why it's difficult to sell a fish at a fisherman...

Very well said.

But I don't think he'll understand it. I think he's still in "Merchant Mind".

~

InvestorMe,

I know, there's a world full of monkeys out there, all tryin' to sell stuff to each other. Sorta like a great big game of 'Musical Chairs'. That's the main mental model outside of the trading world. It's natural to think that way.

However, there is so much money to be made in this market that, when you see a REAL "Good System" in action, you'll forget all about trying to sell anything to anybody. You'll start thinking about rate of return and compounding. A REAL "Good System" can make money thru trading so much faster than you can ever make by selling it, that selling systems will just seem ridiculous.

Mark my words. When you see it you'll know.

I'm sure you're gonna do what you want, but I'll leave you with an idea from the "Merchant World": The creators of the videogame "Doom" made the game a big hit by giving it away at first. Same with Hotmail. Given away free, then sold to Microsoft for gigadollars after it was matured. There are many examples. You might want to entertain the idea of sharing the system with the apparently willing testers and coders here and see what kinds of tweaks/improvements/radical changes they come up with. (Assuming they have any goodwill left after being ignored...)

You might end up with something that does better than 44 pips in 2 days...

investor_me:
I resolved the issue which prevented simultanuous orders with different pairs.

Please use the attached 2.6 version for forward testing with multiple pairs.

Best of luck...

Can this be run on MT4? if so how do you attach it

increase:
Can this be run on MT4? if so how do you attach it

First copy the PivotMagic*.ex4 file to the experts directory of your MT4 folder. Then open MT4 and go to View in the menu, select Navigator. In the Navigator window select PivotMagic from the Expert Advisors. Then drag it to the 1-M chart you are going to work on.

So investor_me: ever going to answer your critics and explain your stance? Or are you just going to spend your time explaining to newbies how to attach this to a chart (I bet they'll come up with some great data...).

If i'm right, i think the market have 2 different kind of conditions. Trend market and range market.

I think this month is a good month for Contrarian EAs. Since May 15th 2006 the price is ranging around. Just place a contra direction to get a higest or lowest price, take the TP with no SL an wait until the price comes. Almost every day price go back and maybe if i just put my positions at daily open price on euro/usd buy or sell with TP 30 & no SL, i will profit anyway. The price will go back in a few hour or at least till tomorrow.

But if the Trend market comes, if you have the unlucky positions, don't expect price will go back to carry your non SL positions and make it profit ones. You can wait until next year if you want:D. We will survive with contrarian EAs on trending market if we are very very lucky person.

All we need is:

1. Good EA

- EA that have a good peformance on trend market conditions with durability on range market condition although the EA have a low peformance on range market.

- EA that have a good peformance on range market conditions with durability on trend market condition although the EA have a low peformance on trend market.

2. Very excellent EA (capable on every market conditions)

- EA that have a good peformance in trend market and range maket condition. It's mean the durability is on both market conditions.

All EA must have TP and SL so we dont have to wait a lossing positions floating around 2~3years. I'm not a patient person and I don't like to take sudden death risk with no SL. And i'm not a rich guy who can hold positions forever in lossing conditions and wait until it's profit. So,.. i need the EA on thats category above.

harryhid:
If i'm right, i think the market have 2 different kind of conditions. Trend market and range market.

I think this month is a good month for Contrarian EAs. Since May 15th 2006 the price is ranging around. Just place a contra direction to get a higest or lowest price, take the TP with no SL an wait until the price comes. Almost every day price go back and maybe if i just put my positions at daily open price on euro/usd buy or sell with TP 30 & no SL, i will profit anyway. The price will go back in a few hour or at least till tomorrow.

But if the Trend market comes, if you have the unlucky positions, don't expect price will go back to carry your non SL positions and make it profit ones. You can wait until next year if you want:D. We will survive with contrarian EAs on trending market if we are very very lucky person.

All we need is:

1. Good EA

- EA that have a good peformance on trend market conditions with durability on range market condition although the EA have a low peformance on range market.

- EA that have a good peformance on range market conditions with durability on trend market condition although the EA have a low peformance on trend market.

2. Very excellent EA (capable on every market conditions)

- EA that have a good peformance in trend market and range maket condition. It's mean the durability is on both market conditions.

All EA must have TP and SL so we dont have to wait a lossing positions floating around 2~3years. I'm not a patient person and I don't like to take sudden death risk with no SL. And i'm not a rich guy who can hold positions forever in lossing conditions and wait until it's profit. So,.. i need the EA on thats category above.

If my EA was good or excellent, why do you think I need to test it and work hard to improve it?

I'm far away from reaching that goal. It's with the help of members who tried the EA that I'm improving it. Those who proved dedicated to test it have also received the source code.

investor_me:
If my EA was good or excellent, why do you think I need to test it and work hard to improve it? I'm far away from reaching that goal. It's with the help of members who tried the EA that I'm improving it. Those who proved dedicated to test it have also received the source code.

Yes, if the EA still dont have any stoploss then you dont have to test it at all. What did you do if the price goes down 1000pips from your last Buy in one years ago on Highest level ever made and no TP or trailing stop were hits, and unfotunately the EA just dont have stoploss too? But if you tried to put stoploss on it and the result goes bad, it's mean the EA just FAILED and dont ever think to sell it at all.

The underline is the most good strategy is the system that have a good result in every market conditions with tightest Stoploss in it.

Why is everybody so anti commercial experts in here?

If an expert is proved to be successful over time and doesn't cost too much, we can all benefit and the author deserves the income anyway.

I am not selling an expert nor have I ever bought one. But the more that are available the better. I would certainly buy an expert that could generate even 8 pips a day on average.

Keep it up guys :-)

Mike4X

If you look at those trades they are 5-12 pips...on 4 different currencies...I see no need for anyone to involve themselves in helping a strategy that can go hugely in the hole for 10-20 pips on each trade the fact is the rest of the trades dont show up cause they are still IN the market...I dont see the point in helping someone get a better backtest so he can sell it to people who are gonna lose their money. Investor Me your inablitly to answer questions is proof you are trying to get inexperienced traders to get involved and buy whatever this thing is you are trying to sell. in your first post you said you derived this from an academic ???? what kind of academic.. how academic do you have to be to put up a simple pivot indicator on a chart...but since you DERIVED it then you have the source code, no one who is an actually trader/coder is going to help you since you just want to sell it all you are trying to do is make it backtest better through real traders...I would not in my right mind sell anything that made me an assload of money cause i wouldnt need the money, nor would i need to risk other peoples money...

MIKEX you would buy an EA that makes 8pips a day?? why only 8, if manually you cant guess 8 pips based on high-low range with a simple moving average or pivot cross then id find a new hobby....a simple trend indicator can get you 8 pips... i just showed a friend last month who was in disbelief i made the money i did, i told him for 4 hours i will make 10% an hour average i think he shat himself when i took 1000 and turned it into 1400,, but he looked at what i was doing and was so amazed how easy it was, i gave him metatrader program and my indicators i was using in a template, he has yet to have a winning week why '''PRACTICE and feeling the market'' something an EA cant do it cant adjust or feel the market, but with practice the human mind can and will, and so will my friend, since we do voice chat during market hours, he made more pips this friday then i did, cause i was shall I say adjusting the size of my joint ''i would not recommend that unless your capable of doing it

Reason: