PivotMagic EA: Magical power of pivots present NOMINAL LOSS (close to zero) over time - page 8

BackTest

Dear investor_me,

That's true the previous version PivotMagic-FT-1-Min Chart Only, is only generating a few ordres. One day, you can't get one single trade. But it shows profitable EA.

Quick BackTesting in EUR/USD M1 for Version 4:

Jan 06 profit

Feb 06 profit

Mar 06 loss

Apr 06 loss

May 06 High profit

Any idea what condition that make the losses in March and April?

Many EA has a great profit in May, but it doesn't shows profit in March and April. In the longterm, when the trend change, the EA may not work anymore.

Regards,

Fikko

I think I resolved the issue that prevented simultaneous trades in different pairs.

Check this updated and corrected version, which is also optimized for M5.

It was such a silly mistake that I'm embarrassed to admit

Those who have the source code can use the parameter values in this version for forward testing. Also to fix the bug that prevented simultaneous trades in different pairs, just move the return (0); line that is in the 'for' loop of the start function to the inner scope. That's all.

Please update with the results.

Hi Investor_Me,

Can you give settings for testing 4 majors using M5 ?

Thanks

AeonFX:
Hi Investor_Me,

Can you give settings for testing 4 majors using M5 ?

Thanks

TrailingStop=55;

aggression_level=10;

wait_time_b4_SL=2600;

VolatilityToleranceLevel=1;

tp_limit=100;

pivot_span=250;

Hi Investor_Me,

Sorry to ask you for the settings without even checking that your settings already in your new version :-)

Will forward with 4 majors now.

P.S. Are you planning to charge for this EA ?

AeonFX:
Hi Investor_Me, Sorry to ask you for the settings without even checking that your settings already in your new version :-)

no problem

AeonFX:
Will forward with 4 majors now.

thanks

AeonFX:
Are you planning to charge for this EA ?

no

Thanks for your hard work!

I am running it live on my account now with some very good success. However, I would not suggest running USDCAD on live (trending creamed me).

However, it looks like 4 majors and AUDUSD seem to do well.

How about these for features:

1. Pipstep- it the order goes against you XX (variable) amount of pips, open another trade. I have noticed that this EA rarely gets the bottom and tops, I think that since that is the case a little "averaging down" might be in order. Perhaps a good setting for this one is 10-15.

2. MaxTrades- This would go with Pipstep above so that it will not keep opening up order after order. Perhaps a good setting for this would be 3.

Great EA. Thanks.

holyguy7:
I am running it live on my account now with some very good success. However, I would not suggest running USDCAD on live (trending creamed me).

However, it looks like 4 majors and AUDUSD seem to do well.

How about these for features:

1. Pipstep- it the order goes against you XX (variable) amount of pips, open another trade. I have noticed that this EA rarely gets the bottom and tops, I think that since that is the case a little "averaging down" might be in order. Perhaps a good setting for this one is 10-15.

2. MaxTrades- This would go with Pipstep above so that it will not keep opening up order after order. Perhaps a good setting for this would be 3.

Great EA. Thanks.

Thanks for the update my friend. Could you kindly post the results in a report format here? I'll seriously consider the addition of those two parameters.

In the meantime, I'm working on a scalping EA and wonder if you could help test that one as well. I don't have a DSL and can't have it active all the time.

Thanks.

Reason: