PivotMagic EA: Magical power of pivots present NOMINAL LOSS (close to zero) over time - page 2

there is a problem with stop loss.

Bye

Bolla

I'm not going to test something that I can't even use.

Updated version of PivotMagic (ver 2)

Here's the updated edition (ver 2) of PivotMagic EA.

I did backtesting using 1-M charts with every tick settings. So far so good. The only problem is the stoploss issue -as mentioned before- and I think I can resolve that by putting a dynamic stoploss in the last trading session (which MUST be known in advance).

One more note: You can play with parameters to see the different effects on the different pairs. I can see that a lower agressive level is usually better for some crazy pairs that are volatile and unpredictable.

Also note that the stoploss issue is purely dependent on the last trade's position. And as long as the EA is used continually, the last trade needs to be properly finished sometimes with manual intervention. All other trades should be 100% winning.

Files:

Thanks for this magical instant !

investor_me:
Here's the updated edition (ver 2) of PivotMagic EA.

I did backtesting using 1-M charts with every tick settings. So far so good. The only problem is the stoploss issue -as mentioned before- and I think I can resolve that by putting a dynamic stoploss in the last trading session (which MUST be known in advance).

One more note: You can play with parameters to see the different effects on the different pairs. I can see that a lower agressive level is usually better for some crazy pairs that are volatile and unpredictable.

Also note that the stoploss issue is purely dependent on the last trade's position. And as long as the EA is used continually, the last trade needs to be properly finished sometimes with manual intervention. All other trades should be 100% winning.

Mr. Investor_Me,

Did you hear everyone say they would NOT test this EA because why do the work and get charged for it anyway. Get real. Now, if you want to give us the source code on this EA, then we can get down to really perfecting this EA.

Hi Investor_me I tried to test EA on EUR/USD, period 1M, from 16/6/04 but don't work.

1 2004.07.02 14:36 sell 1 1.00 1.2260 0.0000 1.2250 0.00 5000.00

This is the only one trade that the EA made!

Bye

Bolla

gbolla:
Hi Investor_me I tried to test EA on EUR/USD, period 1M, from 16/6/04 but don't work.

1 2004.07.02 14:36 sell 1 1.00 1.2260 0.0000 1.2250 0.00 5000.00

This is the only one trade that the EA made!

Bye

Bolla

Try to test with the following parameter settings, which is relatively stable for most pairs:

TakeProfit: 100

Lots: 1

TrailingStop: 8

confirm_trend_time: 10

agression_level: 5

Also, use the updated version attached. And try to change the parameters and test different settings. Also try smaller timeframes to identify the date that the EA experiences trouble and inform me. I'll try to do the test on that date.

Also find useful information here as well: http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/showpost.php?p=161198&postcount=18

Good luck

Files:

investor_me,

can the new version run in a live account? hope it doesn't expire like the first version.

thanks

The idea using the Stop Loss

Hi,

I think the idea of this EA is to secure the profit that will be recieved into account.

When the price reach profit, The EA will automatically modified the STOP LOSS value, even higher than entry price, so though the price drop suddently, the trading system has already secure some pips inside the stop loss. Though it quits with stop loss exit, but it books some profit.

This is the IDEA to make the "close to zero" loss. However, I guess it will cut some possible higher profit.

Can we make our own EA for this??

Thanks

chinplant:
investor_me,

can the new version run in a live account? hope it doesn't expire like the first version.

thanks

I haven't tried to use it on a live account, but I certainly don't recommend it to be used because it is still early for that. But if it is a demo live account that you are referring to, then I can't see why it shouldn't work. The EA expires on June 30th, so there is plenty of time for forward testing.

Reason: