Divergence EA - page 4

Stopping testing

I have stopped testing this EA. My experience has been that even with very small lot sizes on large acounts, occasionally everything will go in the wrong direction and not stop until the account is wiped out. This echoes an earlier posting which stated that the EA did well if only the occasional dramatic reversal could be prevented. So I guess people stopped posting on this strand because the EA does not work

An EA based on Divergence?

Hello anyone or all you programers out there. I was wondering if anyone could build an EA based on divergence of either the MACD or the stochastic oscillators. (or both) One that could automaticly trade the divergent signals. Possibly, with user definable settings. I can't understand Metatrader EA languages. Or does any one know of an EA that already exists that toys with the idea of divergence? Just a stab in the dark. Thanx Biilyray

billyray:
Hello anyone or all you programers out there. I was wondering if anyone could build an EA based on divergence of either the MACD or the stochastic oscillators. (or both) One that could automaticly trade the divergent signals. Possibly, with user definable settings. I can't understand Metatrader EA languages. Or does any one know of an EA that already exists that toys with the idea of divergence? Just a stab in the dark. Thanx Biilyray

Hello.

I moved your post this thread. On past pages you could find a divergence EA.

Divergence Trader EA

I have been testing out this EA for the last few months. It has done extremely well in forward test.

I would like to share it with the forum to perhaps improve upon it some. The Money Management could use some help so if a programmer here could improve upon it, that would be great.

I am running this EA with the EURUSD on the H1 timeframe only.

My demo started at 1 microlot for a $10,000 account and I realized that was too small and raised it to 5 microlots.

I am beginning a new demo starting on 12 July 2009. If you would like to monitor it, you can login to the demo with the following information:

199.58.56.141:443

Login : 5659076

Investor : f3zghnv (read only password)

This EA is slow and steady. It cannot, however, be used with a U.S. Broker because it hedges and hedging is prohibited according to NFA rules. Broker suggestions outside the U.S.A would be helpful.

By the way, this EA was being marketed illegally and sold. The name of the illegal EA is called Pips Leader. It is the same as this EA which was freely given out. The following is the website to the EA you are given freely here.

The Pips Leader - Leading Your Profits To Override - Automated Forex Trading

Hello Holyguy,

What items do you suggest that could improve upon your very nice results?

Regards,

Jeff

holyguy7:
I have been testing out this EA for the last few months. It has done extremely well in forward test.

I would like to share it with the forum to perhaps improve upon it some. The Money Management could use some help so if a programmer here could improve upon it, that would be great.

I am running this EA with the EURUSD on the H1 timeframe only.

My demo started at 1 microlot for a $10,000 account and I realized that was too small and raised it to 5 microlots.

I am beginning a new demo starting on 12 July 2009. If you would like to monitor it, you can login to the demo with the following information:

199.58.56.141:443

Login : 5659076

Investor : f3zghnv (read only password)

This EA is slow and steady. It cannot, however, be used with a U.S. Broker because it hedges and hedging is prohibited according to NFA rules. Broker suggestions outside the U.S.A would be helpful.

By the way, this EA was being marketed illegally and sold. The name of the illegal EA is called Pips Leader. It is the same as this EA which was freely given out. The following is the website to the EA you are given freely here.

The Pips Leader - Leading Your Profits To Override - Automated Forex Trading

azjeff:
Hello Holyguy,

What items do you suggest that could improve upon your very nice results?

Regards,

Jeff

I believe the Money Management is very weak. I was running it on fixed lots the entire 3 months. Plus, Take Profit needs it be improved to work correctly with Money Management.

What specifically would you change to improve the MM?

Regards,

Jeff

holyguy7:
I believe the Money Management is very weak. I was running it on fixed lots the entire 3 months. Plus, Take Profit needs it be improved to work correctly with Money Management.

azjeff:
What specifically would you change to improve the MM?f

I believe that Risk needs to be added so as equity and balance increases, so do lot sizes to the grid. This is a grid trader so MM that is needed requires increased lot sizes based on risk as profits go up. Also, a % Basket Profit instead of a simple 75 pips would be nice. There are some really good MM around from freely available EAs that could be taken and put into this EA.

I am not a programmer, so I don't know that much about improvements of this nature. Perhaps some programmer could add a little magic to an already profitable EA.

Thanks.

Holyguy,

Would you kindly state what divergence this is utilising? I've read the thread and it mostly talks about money management with the EA itself, but what 2 items are being used to identify the divergence?

Price and ?

Cheers

Manual?

Hello: I have been running the Divergence EA as of yesterday. Seems to open multiple trades. Looks profitable.

Is there a manual available for the EA? Advice as to what settings to use?

What was the original source of the EA?

Thank you for your advice and comments.

Steve

Reason: