Divergence EA - page 3

bump....is anyone else having this fail to close orders? what gives?

Closing the trades

I have been trialling this EA on both demo and real account (small), Interbankfx. On the demo account it will close the trade when the profit from the basket of currencies being used reaches 75 pips, although it presents a small memo indicating that it cannot close the basket. In the real money account it will not close the basket at all. I realise that it is a long time since any one posted on this thread, and that this was the problem being discussed then, but I wonder if a solution was found. If not, is there any one who could give me some assistance in terms of a solution. Thanks in advance for any help given.

I have only been trialling this since 24 September, but so far seems to be doing well. Of course, that is far too little time to be sure.

Code for closing the basket

The Divergence Trader has code for closing the "Basket profit or loss". Unfortunately this does not work in live trading. In demo trading it works even though it generates an alert that it has been unable to close the basket. I am not sufficiently skilled at coding to be able to see anything wrong with the coding especially as the coding for this EA is complex. In fact the coding looks OK to me. Please will someone look at code for me (the EA is available at post #9) and tell me what needs to change to make it work.

Thank you. I have been trialling this on all currencies in Interbankfx. So far it is going well. Does any one have any history with this EA, especially re what stop loss to set for the basket. The current stop loss is 9999 pips, which is of course scarily large. Thank you to anyone who can help.

This thread is over 2 years old.

Lux

Yes, I understand it is old. What I don't know is why it stopped. Did it prove impossible to fix the "basket" stop? Did it prove do be fatally flawed and lose everything? To me the EA seems to work well, so what am I not seeing?

jacobssp:
Yes, I understand it is old. What I don't know is why it stopped. Did it prove impossible to fix the "basket" stop? Did it prove do be fatally flawed and lose everything? To me the EA seems to work well, so what am I not seeing?

real live account using new modified divergance:-

broker :- Instaforex

login :- 18818

paswd :- group123

login :- 25236

paswd :- group01

New revised version of Divergence?

Thank you, Zixox, for the information. It looks very positive. I think position sizing is the key. I have had one demo demolished, but I think I had the lot size too high. Or maybe it works slightly differently on Interbankfx to Instaforex.When you say the new modified divergencem do you mean the version on post #9, or do you have a further version?

I don't suppose you are going to share the modified EA zixox?

What indicator is the EA using for divergence, RSI, Stoch, what?

Can it be fixed and modified to use cci divergence?

In the limited time I've been using cci divergence, I'm quite impressed.

Thanks for the great forum everyone!

post the modified version

can u ppl plz post the modified version