Ask! - page 10

Help please!

First of all I am new to this forum and I have to thank everyone here for making it so wonderful, especially Newdigital and Codersguru!

I have a question about some code.

If a trade has been opened according to some conditions for that bar. Assume that a profit was made and the trade was closed. How do I make the EA not open a position again on the bar that was just closed?

I hope that it is clear!?

Thanks again!!

Tamer

jerrymar:
codersguru,

gud day!

what code could i add to silvertrend signal. so that everytime it signals buy or sell aside from visual signal it will also sound off or better send me an email.

thanks it would help me alot.

Merry Christmas!!!

hi, can you help me to modify the code instead of tracing the buy or sell signal at the same time it will do auto close when the bar reach up to that level.. tq

Hello, does anyone know if you can add comments from different indicators on the same chart to appear without overwriting each other? This is annoying me that I can't do this, I tried adding "\n" spaces in different comments so they dont write on the same line, but the other indicator will just erase everything from any previous indicator....so far I can only have comments from one indicator appear on my chart at any given time.

Icustoms Expert

HI

I would like a few examples of Icustoms Expert Advisors I am understand indicators. I would like it to have a number of calls like 8 indicators that I can try different combinations of them. I would like to be able to call list and add to the list after I learn how.

Doc

codersguru:
Hi folks,

I've got a lot of private messages asking me for helping with some pieces of code.

Here you can post your questions related to MQL4, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Indicators in Price frame?

Is there a way to plot indicators such as MACD or Williams %R in the price window? (and not in their own frame at the bottom)

jerseydevil20:
Is there a way to plot indicators such as MACD or Williams %R in the price window? (and not in their own frame at the bottom)

Salam jersey,

Just edit this line:

#property indicator_separate_window

To be:

#property indicator_chart_window

Parabolic SAR EA help

CODERSGURU,

Many thanks for helping me understand a bit more of the MT4 coding!!!!!

I am needing help with a new project I have been working on. Is it possible to make an EA which will take a long or short position only ONCE (until a new signal reverses direction) on a Parabolic SAR signal? In other words, I want to go long the moment the Parabolic SAR plots a dot underneath the current price. Then take profit @ 20pips or so (depending on time frame). Then NOT take any other trades until the Parabolic SAR plots above the price.....then go short with the TP, etc.

Please help!

Eddie

Inter EA Communication

Hi all,

would like to ask how do you facilitate communication between two or more running EAs. What I want to do is maintain a set upper limit on the percentage of equity at risk, and I want several EAs running on different currency pairs. Say the total at risk would be 10% and each trade is set at 1% risk. One way I see this is when an EA has a signal to open a trade, I want it to check a global variable that has the current total percentage at risk, if less than 10%, continue with the trade and increment the global variable (if not, forget the trade).

The question here is if the operation is atomic in execution, what little I remember from college OS concepts is that aside from the global variable containing the percentage at risk I also need a global variable saying whether or not the percentage at risk variable is in use (a lock so to speak). I believe there's a function that sets a value to a global variable but first checks it's current value, this could be used if it's execution is atomic right?

I asked here in case someone has already done this (or remembers their OS concepts course ).

cramnhoj:
Hi all,

would like to ask how do you facilitate communication between two or more running EAs. What I want to do is maintain a set upper limit on the percentage of equity at risk, and I want several EAs running on different currency pairs. Say the total at risk would be 10% and each trade is set at 1% risk. One way I see this is when an EA has a signal to open a trade, I want it to check a global variable that has the current total percentage at risk, if less than 10%, continue with the trade and increment the global variable (if not, forget the trade).

The question here is if the operation is atomic in execution, what little I remember from college OS concepts is that aside from the global variable containing the percentage at risk I also need a global variable saying whether or not the percentage at risk variable is in use (a lock so to speak). I believe there's a function that sets a value to a global variable but first checks it's current value, this could be used if it's execution is atomic right?

I asked here in case someone has already done this (or remembers their OS concepts course ).

I will be really good to create some script or tool in Metatrader to manage 2 or 3 EAs running (MM, risk, lot sizes and so on). But I don't think that it is easy. It is very difficult. I even can not imagine which kind of program can do it. But it should be very usefull.

Reason: