Universal MA Cross EA - page 111

mrtools:
Ewp, what do you mean long and short cover?

mr tools,

if bar close > hilo; open 1 long and short cover (close previous 1 short)

if bar close < hilo; open 1 short andlong cover ( close previous 1 long)

thanks.

Hi,

I was wondering if attached EA (older version of Universal MA Cross EA) could be adjusted for me.

I think it is a small adjustment, but as I am not a programmer I do not know how to do this;

The thing is, I set the settings of the EA that it will be used as a kind of scalper (on 15 or 5 min timeframe). Backtesting seems to run ok, but off course at some point it fails horrible.

The problem seems to be in the fact that when the signals are right (crossover has happened) the EA opens a trade. If my take profit is reached and the signal is still there another is opened. This will keep going until the trend reverses. If there is a trade opened just before this happend it will obviously will result in a loss.

The second problem that is caused by this: if I set the starthour, let's say 6:00am, and the crossover has already taken place at 03:00am, still the trade is opened, although the trend might already be exhausted.

What I would like to see, is that the EA opens only 1 trade after the crossover takes place. Than profit will be taken (if reached off course). After that the EA must wait until the next crossover will take place.

This can be done, correct me if I am wrong to build in an wait statement that will wait until the next crossover.

If the EA already should work like this, than something else is wrong. I hope someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance!

Files:

hmm. excuse me, should have read the pages before here. Question was already there.. too bad it cannot be build in..would make it work for me i guess. So if anyone has thought about it, I would like to hear it!

Marin0ss:
hmm. excuse me, should have read the pages before here. Question was already there.. too bad it cannot be build in..would make it work for me i guess. So if anyone has thought about it, I would like to hear it!

Try setting StopAndReverse to true

Hai, Can someone show me why only trailing stop working for universalMA_Cross_EA + ecn 1.08, but breakeven setting does not seem to works at all. Either with trailing stop on or off. Actually there is how many types of trailing stop in this ea? cannot find from manual. Also don't understand why break even setting is under ts4 (setting for type 4)? What is the meaning of that? Isn't it should work independently ?

Hi,

Could anybody modify the universalMA_Cross_EA + ecn 1.08 so it will have the option to only allowed buy or sell only or both since now a lot of platform not allowed hedging so have to open 2 sub-account one doing short order and another account only doing long at the same time.

Just found out the setting is on the first page of EA. Sorry for the stupid question.

ta5851:
Just found out the setting is on the first page of EA. Sorry for the stupid question.

Ta5851, don't worry don't think it was a stupid question.

Hello Mr. tools, thanks for sharing the EA. I wanted to add an indicator that shows me crossing the EMA's by arrows.

I found the indicator which I can attache here after my post count is 2 (this is my first post). But this indicator displays every time if the candle closes over OR under ONLY ONE of the ema´s.

What I´m doing wrong? Or know you or everyone a better indicator?

The indicator is intended to give an arrow and a signal after fast cross the slow ema and the candle closes above or below the two ema´s.

rmndschmidt:
Hello Mr. tools, thanks for sharing the EA. I wanted to add an indicator that shows me crossing the EMA's by arrows.

I found the indicator which I can attache here after my post count is 2 (this is my first post). But this indicator displays every time if the candle closes over OR under ONLY ONE of the ema´s.

What I´m doing wrong? Or know you or everyone a better indicator?

The indicator is intended to give an arrow and a signal after fast cross the slow ema and the candle closes above or below the two ema´s.

Hello Rmndschmidt, far as I know you should be able to post the indicator.

Reason: