Universal MA Cross EA - page 48

Make the EA "Intelligent"?

Hi Dave,

First off kudos for a fantastic EA. I've been hunting for a good MA crossover EA and this really hits the spot!

A bit of a noob with MT4, perhaps I'm not using it correctly, but is there any way to make the EA a bit more "intelligent' in choosing whether to buy or sell?

What I'm referring to is to have the EA check to see whether the Fast MA crosses the Slow MA from top to bottom in order to generate a sell signal and vice versa, when Fast MA crosses Slow MA from bottom to top it will generate a buy signal?

I've tried using your EA with different settings the whole night and can't seem to get it to work this way..perhaps the lack of intelligence might not be with the EA but with me?! If so your guidance would be most appreciated!

What I want to achieve is as follows:-

- When FastMA crosses SlowMA from top to bottom, Close previous trade (if any) & SELL

- When FastMA crosses SlowMA from top to bottom, Close previous trade (if any) & BUY

- if the EA catches itself not in this situation it will immediately switch trades (too much to ask? )

- At any one time, only 1 trade will be active.

- If stop loss / take profit is hit, EA will not auto enter a trade until the next time FastMA crosses SlowMA

- I want to immediately exit previous trade and enter into the new trade as soon as the cross occurs, rather than at the next candle (Setting is ConfirmedOnEntry=FALSE?) I also get a situation where the EA is opening and closing 40-60 trades within minutes of each other. Is there some setting issue here?

What I'm facing now using this EA is during multiple crosses of the MAs in a short space of time, the EA gets confused because of the lag time between opening and closing of orders, making the EA now work opposite to what it should do.. I've tried reversing conditions, etc but it all seems hit and miss because you already know the price patterns and won't be the same when operating in a live environment.

Once again great job on the universal MA Crossover! you won't believe the number of MA crossover indicators I tried until I found you! Now if only I can get it to work the way I want it to..it'd be a dream come true! Thanks in advance!

allthepips:
It won't back test. Any suggestions?

I can backtest but it gives terrible results on FXDD. Is there a manual?

BEST MovingAvarage to intrioduce in to UniversalMaCrossEA

Hi to all, I new of thiss forum,

I want to ask if there is a programmer who can introduce in this great Expert "UniversalMACrossEA" 2 moving avarage tne name are SnakeMA and TilsonMA that I think anticipate more the sell an bu signal, and fileter more false signal.

You can see this Moving avarage at this link:

Is This The Best MA Cross? @ Forex Factory

The indicator

I will attach the file, and good work.

Files:
snake.mq4  4 kb
t3_clean.mq4  6 kb

Universal Ma cross

great ea (by the coding side)

But what has been found to be the best settings, and for which Pair? ive tried a huge load of settings but cant find one that works

please help

regards

or refer to better ea if there is (with settings or optimized settings)

universal ma revamped

hi all ive added the following, display, and also changed it so that you can now have different entry and exit

MA setings, ie entry

Ma can differ from exit Ma - if you choos exit at ma cross, the Ex.....Ma is the second ma, default word so far the bets on Eur/usd 30min

any advise is appreciated

New cross ea

Can be used for scalping as well, you can set lot size, 4xma, and set ma spread, etc

let me know

use on eur/usd m30

Files:

Filter for flat trend

Hi there

Is there anybody around who would be willing to incorporate the ck_speed indicator into the UniversalMACrossoverEA.

No trade should be opened when the indicator is yellow, indicating a flat trend.

Thanks a lot in advance

Sachmo

Files:
ck_speed.mq4  4 kb

Trade contest busy

Hello guys I am running the 7.2 version of the EA with very good results, but once in a while a get error due to trade context busy, I was wondering if anyone has a modified version with a function that ensure all trades get executed even if there is an error, it would keep trying untill the order goes through.

Thanks a lot!

Not trading??

For some reason I get the alerts that the MA is crossed but the trades are not taking place? Any clue why this would happen. I am using a 5 digit broker--do I need to make any changes?

Its a great EA

Its really great. Thanks for Your work.

Is it possible to make this EA to open trades only if spread is less than we want ?

for example only when is 15 or less but never above.

If this is possible please send me new version on e-mail:

napior1985@wp.pl

I want to start it on a live account - if profitable I'd love to share profits

All the best

Reason: