Universal MA Cross EA - page 29

please someone can post settings (or file .set) that make good results (post cross, timeframe too and ea version too)

thanks!

In MAX Moving Average indicator, there is a parameter namely "power"

How one can define it in the Universal MA Cross EA ?

Settings for MA EA

dsouzagroup:
You are using the EA with default settings? I think it can work great if you have a good crossover , try 6periods vs 24 periods SMA on a 15 min chart, use a less volatile pair like USD/JPY and use 15pips stops , 50 pips target and trailing 10 pips .... i saw 7/10 trades won in one day, so i will try it this whole week n see

Hello

Do these settings still work for you?

Trying to find the best settings for short & long trends on 15TF...

keymaker:
Hello

Do these settings still work for you?

Trying to find the best settings for short & long trends on 15TF...

Actually myfriend, im not much fan of EA, i only use this universal ma cross ea so that when im not around it could open the trade on my behalf when crossover occurred Later id like to manage it myself

However if you want to try a setting that works like clockwork profits, try crossover to crossover trading on the EA on a 15 minutes chart, using 24 SMA (Typical price HLC/3) vs 48 SMA (Typical Price HLC/3) , i bet u will get 100pips+ on each trade, Try using EUR/USD , GBP/USD , EUR/JPY and see the wonders it does, Have a profitable profitable profiting hehehe

Full Parameters Please

dsouzagroup:
Actually myfriend, im not much fan of EA, i only use this universal ma cross ea so that when im not around it could open the trade on my behalf when crossover occurred Later id like to manage it myself However if you want to try a setting that works like clockwork profits, try crossover to crossover trading on the EA on a 15 minutes chart, using 24 SMA (Typical price HLC/3) vs 48 SMA (Typical Price HLC/3) , i bet u will get 100pips+ on each trade, Try using EUR/USD , GBP/USD , EUR/JPY and see the wonders it does, Have a profitable profitable profiting hehehe

What are the parameters that you use: I mean the third ema the TSL and some other: could you post the full parameters you used

Thanks

.. request for add-on

.. anyway.. this ea's could incorporate. a hull ma..?

Such an extensive EA and such a nice programmer...and its been nearly 1.5 years and not one person has posted a set file for consistent profItability.

I would like to know if anybody has some good consistently, profitable set files for the latest version of this EA for the H4?

I would like to FORWARD test this sort of EA on 8 pair, but it would be nice to get a starting point to work from (but it is okay if no one wants to share ...I will...this will be fun and interesting

GBP/USD

EUR/CHF

AUD/CAD

NZD/JPY

GBP/CHF

AUD/JPY

NZD/USD

EUR/CAD

ES

P.S. I suggest printing out the first post when your are configuring the input menu. The author/EA creator has thoughtfully put together a manual...and he has posted the final version ONLY in post #1...so for those of you contemplating this EA...don't worry there is only one download.

P.P.S. firedave ...over the years you and I have posted privatley to one another...I want to Thank you for this "Hall of Fame" EA that seemingly goes unnoticed...this is a utility together with the "Swiss Army EA" and should be treated as such and in every traders toolbox. It's "open-architecture" makes it the MA tool every automated trader needs to have in his arsenal.

As I am setting up my inputs on multiple pair I realized that I need to use ATR on 7 inputs for them to make sense:

StopLoss

TakeProfit

TrailingStop

MinCrossDistance

CTStopLoss

CTTakeProfit

MinPriceDistance (Multiple)

It would be nice to have a percent ATR input option for each of these. It would require two additional input fields for each of the seven above ..UseATR & Percent24PDailyATR.

ES

I downloaded and put it in Meta Folder , but how to use it ?

Hello

Hi..

First of all thanks for this brilliant EA. It is useful. I have an idea that you might consider it as an enhancement (only if you feel it under the scope of this EA). The idea works with PURESAR feature only. i will explain it below:

Buy or Sell cross --> 1 lot (or mini) long or short.

With the opposite cross:

1. If the trade is in profit --> close the trade and open another 1 lot trade with the new cross.

2. If the trade is negative --> Close the trade and open another 2 lot trade with new cross.

The idea is: When the trade is in profit, keep opening only 1 lot (or mini lot) with the next opposite cross. If the trade is in loss, double the size of the trade with next oppiste trade. You can add another feature that allow the use to set a cap for the maximum number of lots opened.

Regards,

Reason: