Universal MA Cross EA - page 17

FireDave, you still alive and kicking. Have not heard from you for sometime. Did you give up making improvements or modifications to your system?? I am using your system with Juice as a filter right now (With a .12 level). I may change the Juice to the Awesome Indicator with a 'no trade level' above and below the ' 0 ' on the indicator scale. Filters are a must with this system since it is using moving averages that create false crossovers and the moving averages can flatline in slow market conditions. I made a modification also on the MinDistCross so that it will check the current bar and thereafter using the MaxLookUp keep testing the gap between the moving averages - Early testing shows it is working.

Hope you are doing ok! Any more earthquakes in your neighborhood in the last week? I heard of the second earthquake that happened several weeks ago. Hope to hear from you on more improvements on your ea.

Until then,

Be safe!

Dave

<<

iscuba11:
FireDave, you still alive and kicking. Have not heard from you for sometime. Did you give up making improvements or modifications to your system?? I am using your system with Juice as a filter right now (With a .12 level). I may change the Juice to the Awesome Indicator with a 'no trade level' above and below the ' 0 ' on the indicator scale. Filters are a must with this system since it is using moving averages that create false crossovers and the moving averages can flatline in slow market conditions. I made a modification also on the MinDistCross so that it will check the current bar and thereafter using the MaxLookUp keep testing the gap between the moving averages - Early testing shows it is working.

Hope you are doing ok! Any more earthquakes in your neighborhood in the last week? I heard of the second earthquake that happened several weeks ago. Hope to hear from you on more improvements on your ea.

Until then,

Be safe!

Dave

<<

Hi Dave, thank you for your kind word, everyone is fine here. And yes, I stop to develop this EA. I hope you or anyone else could continue it should you see some potential on this EA. Again thank you very much for all of your support to this EA. All the best for you

Hi div

we have given you many suggesting , but you don't gave us a new code after add our suggestion , we are waiting you , pleas send us new code

hassan2:
Hi div we have given you many suggesting , but you don't gave us a new code after add our suggestion , we are waiting you , pleas send us new code

Hi hassan, no need to use big bold red font to post your message. Even if you use the smallest font, we could still read you Yes, there is a lot of suggestion and thank you to everyone who post it. But right now I discontinue to develop this EA and if there is anyone who like to continue it, please do it. My last version is the one posted on post #1. I'm sorry about it and hope everyone could benefit from this EA. Hope this help

Sorry to hear you giving up on the development of the Universal MA, Was it burn out, or lack of faith in the program that you decided to not perfect it?

Stay in good health and we hope to hear from you.

Dave

<<

Its always interesting to know why one gives up on the thread. As you had asked, if it was burn out or no faith in the system.... If no faith in the system, then it would be nice to know....

Hi guys, the reason I stop developing the EA because I got quite busy lately with other things. As for the EA itself, I hope somebody could find the right combination to make it start producing pips and money

Sorry to hear about the tidal wave, hope you are ok! Talk about a unstable region to be living in FireDave.

I have reasonably perfected the Universal EA, but it is a trending program and lately it has had a rough time making pips because of the middle east crisis. I have been working on several other ea's that might capture pips in this weird trading period. Your work in the programming of the Universal EA is impressive in its design, simple yet powerful, yet flexible - Whoever taught you program design did you right. Keep in touch with us and stay healthy!!

Dave <<<

EA test

I hope somebody could find the right combination to make it start producing pips and money

I have tested this EA and find it about the best I have seen so far. I have backtested it in GBP US 15min charts giving 4 winning trades during the last week with no losses using the enclosed setting. It should also work modified with T3 and LinReg (LSMA) cross EAs with good results. The enclosed results are a backtest and may not be accurate in real trading but show the potential of this system. It has many features I like such as a timer that is good for shorter periods.

I use 5 / 35 personally. Do us all a favor, forget about posting strategy tester results, they are worthless in comparision to real trading conditions. The crossover testing is crucial to guarantee a valid crossover, otherwise you will get a bunch of false entry points. The strategy tester does not reveal such things, plus several other problem areas. Junk the strategy tester and run the ea on demo forward for a week or two, then post the results. I have had numerous discussions on this tester and all I can say is it is a waste of time using it in its present condition - It provides worthless results!

Dave <<
Reason: