Problems with MT5 Strategy Tester

Has anyone had any problems with the strategy tester? Is it completely reliable if I'm using it with a demo account? I previously posted that it's giving me the wrong results with a simple EMA crossover (both my eMAs are SMMA, but it plots results for a SMA and a SMMA). There are several other issues too, but my first impulse is to wonder if it's not completely functional on demo accounts. Has any one had any experience or problems with this?

Kenny Lewis :
Has anyone had any problems with the strategy tester ? Is it completely reliable if I'm using it with a demo account? I previously posted that it's giving me the wrong results with a simple EMA crossover (both my eMAs are SMMA, but it plots results for a SMA and a SMMA). There are several other issues too, but my first impulse is to wonder if it's not completely functional on demo accounts. Has any one had any experience or problems with this?

There are no problems with the Tester. There are problems in you - you do not keep track of which settings you run the test with. Be careful and check the settings of the MQL5 tester.

Kenny Lewis:
Has anyone had any problems with the strategy tester ? Is it completely reliable if I'm using it with a demo account? I previously posted that it's giving me the wrong results with a simple EMA crossover (both my eMAs are SMMA, but it plots results for a SMA and a SMMA). There are several other issues too, but my first impulse is to wonder if it's not completely functional on demo accounts. Has any one had any experience or problems with this?

Indeed, its usually the settings, double check each time.

You might also see some difference in backtesting results between demo and live accounts.

Its got to do with differences in historical tick data.

Reason: