The "XO"-Method......... - page 27

Exited at 12:15/1.2843 which is bar after CCI went < -250

There was no reason for you to exit then! Simple rule is wait for 2 bars to change before exiting. You can also try adding some other indicators that you are familiar with or try some of the exit strategies discussed on this thread and throughout the forum.

Enjoy, it's a great little toy.

Cajun,

CCI hitting 250 is not a good exit (I think it is in this thread somewhere)

As CCI is still very much in play, as you have seen.

It's not a good time to enter a trade if the CCI is in that area though.

The 2 bar rule works fine or a 34 ema and if you start getting close's above it.

Martin

Hi Martin

Does that setting of 34 EMA apply across all time frames or does it only work on specific time frames? Would one ever need to adjust it?

Thanks

Wayne

No, 34 ema works on all time frames.

Just watch price bounce off it and when its flat no trades.

89 is another classic.

Martin

Just quickly.

Assuming both are being applied to the close?

Thanks

Wayne

Yes, On Close.

Martin

KaMpeR ... so what you are saying is that I should have taken the exit at 15:05/1.2812 which would be the opening bar after the top two "XO" indicators turned blue?

I have never used CCI before so here is my stupid question for the day... if we are not concerned with the exit at >250 or <-250, what do we use the CCI for?

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

ValeoFX:
This is mostly for Perky to see how my friend ForexFX fixed the problem on the Super_XO he kindly created for us. I will await Perky's comments.

no please go ahead and post your mods just remember to put a version number on it

good work

I mean mine was a hack of someone elses code as some of you code readers can tell

we are all in this together

just thought with it on one panel we have more chart room

criss73:
hey valeo, i found this on strategybuilder forum. what do you think?

Will test the "Combined" to see if it is as good as ours, thx. (Maybe they found theirs here and renamed it?

CajunFX:
Hi All,

I am new to this strategy and got everything loaded up and tried on Euro last night/this morning. Just want to make sure I am following the rules correctly as it seems I left some pips on the table this am.

I have attached the chart for comment.

Basic run down is entered at 08:35/1.2909 which is the open of the 5 min bar after all for "XO" indicators went same color.

Exited at 12:15/1.2843 which is bar after CCI went < -250

Is this correct?

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like a great system.

Regards,

You should have stayed in all the way as you never had 2 of the XOs change colour on you. Secondly, you are using the incorrect CCI as far as i can see. Contact me on my private mail once you have changed the CCI and I will assist you.

Best wishes, always.

Reason: