Why some great coders and trading system developers are ignoring Metatrader 5? - page 10

newdigital:

And what about this one?
It is the code from Electra EA

and this one ... it is related to forward testing, right? It is not about backtesting ... As I remember - this EA should be attached to H1 timeframe ....

What is your mql4 question about this code ?

newdigital:

By the way, I used Cloud to optimize the settings for MT5 EA yesterday and it took 10 minues for me instead of 10 hours (because of Cloud).
Yes, Cloud was wonder.

I saw your post.  Did you use the same settings with your own PC run as with the cloud run ?  were the results identical ?  what history data does the cloud use ?  what spread does the cloud use ?  how do I use the cloud if I want to use a specific set of history data,  can I ?

RaptorUK:

I was asking how long did you test an EA for on a forward test compared to the same EA tested with the same settings and comparable spread on a Strategy Tester test ? So how long on the ST ?  how long on a forward test ?

I have not tested any EAs seriously on a forward test,  I don't have anything that is worth the effort yet.   

How long I forward tested with comparing with backtesting for same period?
many EAs ... from 1 week upto few months. After that we decided to forget about strategy tester and use it just to find the settings for EAs (optimization).

RaptorUK:
What does your personal emails have to do with mql4 coding ?  are you getting off topic again ?

Not. Not off topic. It is fully related to the title of this thread.
My skype etc are inside my mql5 profile ...
It is strange that I am receiving replies to my email etc but they are not going to join this open discussion ...
I know that some of them are having negative opinion about MT5 ... but it is MT4 related forum so ...

RaptorUK:
What is your mql4 question about this code ?

No question about those codes.
You mentioned one article about MT4 strategy tester.
I mentioned some codes ...

newdigital:

No question about those codes.
You mentioned one article about MT4 strategy tester.
I mentioned some codes ...

But I don't understand the point/issue/question relating to the code you posted ?  can you explain please ? 

RaptorUK:
I saw your post.  Did you use the same settings with your own PC run as with the cloud run ?  were the results identical ?  what history data does the cloud use ?  what spread does the cloud use ?  how do I use the cloud if I want to use a specific set of history data,  can I ?

I used optimizarion of my EA for EURUSD, H4 from 13.012012 to 13.01.2013
It is about this article https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/341 (from article):

Thus, all the agents that perform optimization of a trading strategy in a given time interval and on a given symbol are automatically provided with the same synchronized history and market environment.

The MetaTrader 5 terminal communicates with the nodes of the MQL5 Cloud Network and gives each node a separate package of tasks to perform specific passes. Each node is actually a proxy server, since it receives a task and a package of passes, and then begins to distribute these tasks to agents connected to it. In this case the files of Expert Advisors, indicators, libraries and data files are not stored on the hard drives of the MQL5 Cloud Network servers. 

Also, EX5 files are not stored on hard disks of cloud agents for reasons of confidentiality. Data files are saved on a disk, but after optimization data files are deleted. 

This is the whole procedure of communication between your client terminal and the MQL5 Cloud Network - actually, it sends packets of tasks to the network and waits for the results.

It was quotes from the article.

If I want to make my own Signals (and I want it) so I will try optimize the settings in strategy tester, and in this case of MT5 - it will take short time for me.
Besides, I am having idea to convert some EAs to mql5 just to find the settings. Because it is easy to optimize EA in MT5 than for MT4.
Because good settings is 50% of the success (the other 50% is good coding and robust manual trading system).

For example (it is what I received by email from my friend):

It is in mql5.
I will spend few hours just to find good settings for every pair in case of MT5.
And with Sharpe too - there is some options in optimization with Sharpe for example (by the way ... I am not sure how Sharpe index was calculated in MT5? I remember 2 ways of calculation ... well, I will ask it later on mql5 forum - because results/value of Sharpe index may be different one depending on which method is used).
In case MT4 - I will have to spend the weeks for that.

About email ... (i receive it to my email, and questions are coming to skype sometimes) - yes, I do not agree with that too.
If it is open forum and open community (I am talking about mql4 and mql5 as well) so it may be more good to come to the community other than sending something to my email etc. (I am talking about coders)

newdigital:

many EAs ... from 1 week upto few months. After that we decided to forget about strategy tester and use it just to find the settings for EAs (optimization).

So you backtested and forward tested for upto a few months and you are surprised you don't get the same results ?  is that a joke ?  are you serious ?

When you backtest do you find that every month gives exactly the same results as any other month in the backtest ? or do you see some variation month to month ?

RaptorUK:

But I don't understand the point/issue/question relating to the code you posted ?  can you explain please ? 

I was talking that results of backtesting (strategy tester using) and forward testing (trading on demo account for example) may be different for those kinds of EAs.

newdigital:

I was talking that results of backtesting (strategy tester using) and forward testing (trading on demo account for example) may be different for those kinds of EAs.

Why would they be ?  what relevance does that code have,  can you explain please ?
Reason: