Dlm 1.1

hi

i found an EA called DLM posted at Talkgold...

http://rapidshare.de/files/18030650/dlm11.zip.html

TakeProfit=35; Lots=0.1; StopLoss=0; TrailingStop=20; MaxTrades=7; Pips=21; SecureProfit=9; AccountProtection=1; AllSymbolsProtect=0; OrderstoProtect=7; ReverseCondition=0; StartYear=2005; StartMonth=1; EndYear=2006; EndMonth=12; mm=0; risk=12; AccountisNormal=0; MagicNumber=222777; Manual=0; OpenOrdersBasedOn=1; TimeZone=16;

result :

I have been using it on a demo account for a week, I won like $300 starting with $500

source : http://talkgold.com/forum/r89402-.html

hope we can improve that EA

This Ea looks familliar to me.

Wasn't it initially posted in the yahoo group?

Sada

Well, I just looked in my mail box to find the posted statements of about 2 months of forward testing of this EA from Bob.

here they are attached...doesn't look good.

Sada

This one has been called Multi Lot Scalper here.

The name DLM comes from it's concept...Dealer Lot Management from the article "Trade Like A Dealer (and avoid death from a thousand stops)".

It actually works quite well if the parameters are set correctly, but you do need deep pockets to avoid being stopped out. The method works best if you do NOT use stoplosses on your orders. I just watched GBP/JPY go down 500+ pips over the weekend...if you keep doubling your orders every n pips, you're going to be in deep trouble unless you have the available margin to not get stopped out. If you've set stop loss orders, then you'll probably just lose a bunch of money... :P

Hope that this helps...

Scott

This ea's got some real potential but I don't believe you can let it run 100% of the time. I already posted some of my statements with some great wins by this ea. Unfortunately as another member posted if you don't know when to hold'em or fold'em your account will get destroyed. I attached a statement with a 5pip tp on eurusd. This has been running fulltime with one break in between when I was having some computer problems. I believe the smaller tp increases trading frequency and also adaptability to the market. Anyways, here's my mini demo account statement....

Files:

Here's another miniaccount statement. I reduced the secure profit all the way down to 5 to make this ea more adaptable. It performed very well the past few days in spite of the news that created huge market swings in the eurusd. Check out the statement.....

Files:

faifarni:
Here's another miniaccount statement. I reduced the secure profit all the way down to 5 to make this ea more adaptable. It performed very well the past few days in spite of the news that created huge market swings in the eurusd. Check out the statement.....

Hi Nick, thank you for the statement. Is it possible for you to post your preset setting file ? Also on what time frame did you use DLM ? I like to forward test your setup next week. Thank you in advance

Here's my preset. It's run on 15min chart of eurusd...

Files:
dlmpreset.zip  1 kb

faifarni:
This ea's got some real potential but I don't believe you can let it run 100% of the time. I already posted some of my statements with some great wins by this ea. Unfortunately as another member posted if you don't know when to hold'em or fold'em your account will get destroyed. I attached a statement with a 5pip tp on eurusd. This has been running fulltime with one break in between when I was having some computer problems. I believe the smaller tp increases trading frequency and also adaptability to the market. Anyways, here's my mini demo account statement....

I think that your statements may be inaccurate, since the spread is not taken into account in the small gains , eg 1.5 proft is actually a loss if u deduct the spread...

fx-programmer:
I think that your statements may be inaccurate, since the spread is not taken into account in the small gains , eg 1.5 proft is actually a loss if u deduct the spread...

Those profits are after the spread is taken out. I don't understand your statement. Profits are profits. I'm trading that same ea and preset on a live account and the profits are definitely profits.

Another thing, 1.5 profit is from a 3 pip win on a mini account. If you look at the percentage gain on the total account this setup is returning excellent numbers.

Hi faifarni,

thanks for you statement. i was also trading this EA in mini live account with Micro lot .05 minilot ( $500). It is a very good EA but i was stucked on 28th in news time. and now carring high loss in that trade. i think we need to find a solution how long to and upto what loss we have to carry such loss trade.

Problem is we accumulate profits in many trade and one opposite move of 300 pip will finish all profits.

if we find some where some stop loss/ cut loss stragety in this system . it will be a greate EA.

Reason: