HedgeHog System & EA - page 12

Questions

gkozlyk:
Yeah, and you can do it a few ways. One would be either doinging a 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 style lot scaling, where when you lose, you increase by a set number to a max. Another way is to do the martingale style lot scaling that we have previously mentioned. For the main pairs that would be 1 lot, 7, lots, 43 lots, etc... however this way does get out of hand quick.

Hope this helps,

Graham

Hi, I am new to this thread and reading it with interest. What is the advantage of scaling up and down as described above and when do you exactly scale up ... e.g after a losing trade and then do you follow the scale up and down all the way through or stop at a particular point if you make a win? Do you scale up the next two hedged trades or just the side that lost? I will be willing to test this system and help in its EA development if I understand it a bit better and see the potential. I do not want to have a huge deposit so I can afford a martingale style trade so I can just recoup the previous losses.

Thanks

Tamershahin:
Hi, I am new to this thread and reading it with interest. What is the advantage of scaling up and down as described above and when do you exactly scale up ... e.g after a losing trade and then do you follow the scale up and down all the way through or stop at a particular point if you make a win? Do you scale up the next two hedged trades or just the side that lost? I will be willing to test this system and help in its EA development if I understand it a bit better and see the potential. I do not want to have a huge deposit so I can afford a martingale style trade so I can just recoup the previous losses. Thanks

i dont know if it has developed to another level but here is how i trade it.

• What is the advantage of scaling up and down as described above and when do you exactly scale up
  • Because of high winning percentage with this method, we try to recoup previous losses by increasing the lot size.

• after a losing trade and then do you follow the scale up and down all the way through or stop at a particular point if you make a win?
    After recoup, we back to the normal trading size.

• Do you scale up the next two hedged trades or just the side that lost?
Its for both sides.

lamode:
i dont know if it has developed to another level but here is how i trade it.
  • What is the advantage of scaling up and down as described above and when do you exactly scale up
  • Because of high winning percentage with this method, we try to recoup previous losses by increasing the lot size.

• after a losing trade and then do you follow the scale up and down all the way through or stop at a particular point if you make a win?
    After recoup, we back to the normal trading size.

• Do you scale up the next two hedged trades or just the side that lost?
Its for both sides.

Thank you for your reply. I understand this and I understand the Martingale philosophy. What I did not understand was the 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 multiple lot scaling principle mentioned. I am not a big fan of the Martingale system as if you end up having 5 losses in a row. I have looked back in history and it has happened, then you will need a HUGE deposit so you can afford the margin and even if you can do all of that the profit is not that significant for the big deposit in your account you have... This is why I was interested in the multiple lot scaling as mentioned and was wondering how this would work and what the benefits of it are.

Thanks again

Tamershahin:
Thank you for your reply. I understand this and I understand the Martingale philosophy. What I did not understand was the 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 multiple lot scaling principle mentioned. I am not a big fan of the Martingale system as if you end up having 5 losses in a row. I have looked back in history and it has happened, then you will need a HUGE deposit so you can afford the margin and even if you can do all of that the profit is not that significant for the big deposit in your account you have... This is why I was interested in the multiple lot scaling as mentioned and was wondering how this would work and what the benefits of it are. Thanks again

The premise with the 1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1 is that some of the losses are recouped, but if we have a rare continual loss, we don't lose everything. I have found with my testing that with 85% win average on the EurUsd, this does recoup some losses, and still nets positive.

Personally i don't like classic martingale either, that's why i think this works better. You lose less with continual losses, but you don't make as much with regular usage. Everything has its pros and cons.

Hope this helps,

Graham

I have been hard at work on my forward testing, and continuing to compile more data I have compiled some data and analysis for the Hedgehog to make it work without getting into 60+ lots with 4 consecutive losses.

Because of new obligations to forex work and research elsewhere, you have to come to factoid.ca to view my continuing research, analysis, and all downloadable materials.

I'll give you a sneak peak... 500+ pips net in just over a month and never used more than 4 lots on a side, even with 3 consecutive losses.

Enjoy,

Graham

P.S. For those that have double-dipped between this and the other HH thread, i do apologize. I just wanted to keep everyone else in the loop.

I am curious if anyone out there is interested in working on coding this Hedgehog EA. In 6 weeks of forward testing, it is showing great results. Contact me if you are interested.

Thanx,

Graham

gkozlyk:
I am curious if anyone out there is interested in working on coding this Hedgehog EA. In 6 weeks of forward testing, it is showing great results. Contact me if you are interested.

Thanx,

Graham

Sorry, I have been busy lately and have not checked back here. I have however learned how to program better in metatrader. And I would like to work on it.

Can you summerize what the expert needs to do again? I should have time next week to work on it.

Thanks

David

gkozlyk:

Thanx,

Graham

i basically explained to david what the 3rd trades is via pm, and that's all. I hope you guys can get something going

I am not sure why so many want an EA for a strategy that requires about 5 minutes of your day at 2200 GMT , it doesn't get much easier than this....set it and forget it till tomorrow.

johnedoe:
I am not sure why so many want an EA for a strategy that requires about 5 minutes of your day at 2200 GMT , it doesn't get much easier than this....set it and forget it till tomorrow.

I agree with you. The unfortunate thing for me with this is that it is smack in the middle of the day so it isn't the most convenient time to trade it manually, or better yet remember to even take the trade.

Graham

Reason: