Forex Freeway - page 4

Dan S:
Desoft, when you traded for 20 pips, did you only take the first breakout after the freeway cleared or can you have re-entries later when its building new fractals on the way down or up?

Dan,

This is a matter of personal risk for each individual trader. I personally tend to take the first fractal breakout after the freeway gives the ok. If the market takes off and I get my 20 pips - I close my trade if I using a limit order. Often times, especially during a surging trend, you will see minor pullbacks in the main trend. These are optimal times to re-enter the trade on another fractal breakout and possibly safer. So you see, with this strategy, you don't have to limit yourself just to taking only one signal per day. I know my fiance to almost 200 pips from EUR/USD between 4/17 to 4/19 with this strategy. She traded live even though I suggested she continue demoing with this indicator. I wish I would have listened to her. Oh well, don't let her know that. I'll never hear the end of it. LOL.

DeSoft

desoft:
Dan,

This is a matter of personal risk for each individual trader. I personally tend to take the first fractal breakout after the freeway gives the ok. If the market takes off and I get my 20 pips - I close my trade if I using a limit order. Often times, especially during a surging trend, you will see minor pullbacks in the main trend. These are optimal times to re-enter the trade on another fractal breakout and possibly safer. So you see, with this strategy, you don't have to limit yourself just to taking only one signal per day. I know my fiance to almost 200 pips from EUR/USD between 4/17 to 4/19 with this strategy. She traded live even though I suggested she continue demoing with this indicator. I wish I would have listened to her. Oh well, don't let her know that. I'll never hear the end of it. LOL.

DeSoft

Hehe Desoft....she is showing you!

Got the idea. I think if the roads are clear, that keeps you definately on the right side of the freeway. So there is no reason to not take multiple short trips if road conditions are good.

Can`t wait to see it in action on monday

Thank you again for sharing!

Great Job! Thanks for sharing this.

I trade Support and resistance and this looks like a great tool for my trading style. I use daily pivot levels so I'm usually in a higher time frame but that doesn't matter. If we are near a pivot and we get the green light to go long or vice versa then easy pips.

This is a good tool. It needs an alert. Not for all 4 showing green or red but if the 15, 30, and 60 minute all turn together, we should be alerted. I hate watching charts. I wouldn't trade if it weren't for alerts.

Thanks for making and sharing this, one of the most useful things I've seen in a while!

desoft:
I'd still prefer the fractal breakout as my entry technique. Only because I know it works for me and I've made alot of pips with it. And it adheres to proper stop placement for me as well. I would only use MM as potential support and resistance because in a strong trend even the MM lines recalculate. DeSoft

Yes they do recalculate, but then you have the Forex Freeway to switch to a "trend mode" trading

I still like the MM. But I do appreciate the fractal breakout method of yours. I played with S&R Barry a while ago and even thought of a breakout system on its own, but the results were poor.

I'd still like to see MM incorporated in FF or a separate indicator to put over FF.

Thanks again for your input, I truly appreciate it.

Hi all,

I like the idea behind this indicator, but the colors didn't POPout at me the way they were, so I made a slight change to the indicator.

Instead of two shades of green and two shades of red, you have bright green & red, and a neutral shade of bluegrey. That's the only change. I wasn't even going to bother posting it here, but then I figured maybe somebody else felt the same way I did about the colors and would get some use out of it.

Keris

Files:

So why didn't you simply add modified by DeSoft, instead of taking out Tageiger's name Copyright © 2006, tageiger aka fxid10t@yahoo.com

he has worked hard on getting this to work

And how did you get 4 bars, on each version I have tried I can only see 1 bar

A picture of only 1 line on 5 min chart, it does the same on all time frames

Files:
fh.jpg  101 kb

Foreverold:
A picture of only 1 line on 5 min chart, it does the same on all time frames

Foreverold,

You must use your "chart shift" function at the top of your toolbar.

DeSoft

Desoft,

this early asian session there were huge gaps across most pairs and most pairs signal free roads.

Do you wait for atleast 1 blocked lane which gets freed up later again?

Reason: