Contest - page 14

Thanks for fixed version.

BTW the old vesion is having very good performance and no any problems at all (and no any errors in log file): everything is take/profit'ing, stop/loss'ing and trailing.

newdigital:
Thanks for fixed version. BTW the old vesion is having very good performance and no any problems at all (and no any errors in log file): everything is take/profit'ing, stop/loss'ing and trailing.

Thanks newdigital,

Observe this line:

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)//<-- Long position is opened{

...........TrailOrder(OrderType()); return(0); <-- This line <---

The line above terminate the start function and that mean no trailing to the Sell orders! Maybe the EA looks good but logically it'll better with this fix.

by the way, is there any news about the contest??

codersguru:
Thanks newdigital,

Observe this line:

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)//<-- Long position is opened{

...........TrailOrder(OrderType()); return(0); <-- This line <---

The line above terminate the start function and that mean no trailing to the Sell orders! Maybe the EA looks good but logically it'll better with this fix.

by the way, is there any news about the contest??

Contest/

Not yet, sorry.

BTW please find the performance of MaChannel EA in excel file.

Files:
machannel.zip  4 kb

GridMACD:

Equity now: 51,810; margin: 601; free margin: 51,213.

What is equity?

It is all close and open trades (balance + open trades).

GridMACD is here (fixed version).. Explanation about this EA/settings. GridMACD with trailing stop version development thread.

Contest news

ND,

Any new out there about the contest resuming?

The contest was a very good opportunity to make the MQL programmer publish their new Expert Advisors and this is WIN-WIN situation for all of the eilte members.

Not yet.

BTW, your MAChannel is performing very good for USDCHF with North Finance broker.

newdigital:
BTW, your MAChannel is performing very good for USDCHF with North Finance broker.

Do you think it will perform good in live trading? Is it risky? I'm asking you because you know it more than me (I only developed the EA and even forgot what was the idea behinde it ).

I just attached your EA to the MetaTrader chart long time ago and it is still testing. I did not change any settings. You may see live testing results from excel file. It is profitable for many months with consistent profit results (demo account, North Finance broker).

I think if somebody wants to use this EA with real money account so broker may be important as this is EA based on MA indicator and those kind of EAs are very sensitive concerning different broker's data.

Anyway check excel file attached.

MAChannel EA this week statements.

Files:

MaChannel

Do you think it will perform good in live trading? Is it risky? I'm asking you because you know it more than me (I only developed the EA and even forgot what was the idea behind it ).

Codersguru,

I just had a look at the code, and it seems to me that it enters long when 2 consecutive bars are completely below a Simple Moving Average. It enters short when 2 consecutive bars are completely above a SMA.

It exits when the opposite entry is given, so that would make it an always-in-the-market system. I think it would start to make a profit when price returns towards the SMA, and it would lose if the 2 candles were the beginning of a new trend. If you get a chance to look at your code, I would be interested to know if I have understood it correctly.

Thanks,

Barry

Reason: