MQL5 Virtual Hosting hosting and EA activations.

Hi

I have bought an EA from MQL5 market and I´m running that EA on my computer for several different broker MT4 terminals. I have used just one activation and now I´m considering moving hosting to MQL5 Virtual Hosting or in Standard VPS.

On standard VPS I would need to use one more activation if I put everything running on same server.  

So my question here is that if I move same EAs from my computer to MQL5 Virtual Hosting do I need to use more EA activations? And how many? Let´s say I move 3 different brokers MT4 EAs do I need to use 1 more activation or 3 more activations?

-Sam- 

smyri:

Hi

I have bought an EA from MQL5 market and I´m running that EA on my computer for several different broker MT4 terminals. I have used just one activation and now I´m considering moving hosting to MQL5 Virtual Hosting or in Standard VPS.

On standard VPS I would need to use one more activation if I put everything running on same server.  

So my question here is that if I move same EAs from my computer to MQL5 Virtual Hosting do I need to use more EA activations? And how many? Let´s say I move 3 different brokers MT4 EAs do I need to use 1 more activation or 3 more activations?

-Sam- 

Try Amazon free VPS for less that 750hrs per month. You can run up to 5 activations of one EA(FT2) on 5 different instances of MT4.

No if you migrate the terminal it will create a copy and use the same Experts already loaded.

Please see:

https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/tutorial

Note that this relates to MetaQuotes VPS so not standard VPS in that case yes you will lose more activations and since they are bound to the system you activate them on they will be lost when you try to switch servers or providers etc.

Virtual hosting in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5: How it works
Virtual hosting in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5: How it works
  • www.mql5.com
The virtual hosting service allows creating a copy of your trading platform on a remote server. Run your trading robots and copy deals of professional signal providers on a virtual platform 24 hours a day.
Reason: