EA on remote servers ? - page 9

Gate.com: Virtual Private Servers (VPS), Dedicated Servers, and Shared Hosting Solutions are the best

VPSland.com is good and cheap

they both provide win2003 server you can go for stand alone or VPS for a cheap solution

the cheap one you can't trust I had an 18 hour disconnection (on one service provider ) on the first week, so I stopped using them.

You need to remove the user login password and schedule auto reboot at least twice a day also you need to stat the MT4 at startup .

if you run a live account I would suggest you only go with a service provider who have 24/7 telephone line support and have a mirror setup on you home computer so your home EA can take over if the server went down

good luck

luxinterior:
Looks like they only run Linux and it's a pain in the b**t to try to run MT4 (a Windows based application) on it.

Good luck!

Lux

Is possible work with experts from one server?

Is posible turn off the pc and work from one server ? I will be thankful if

some one suggest me one server to install metatrader4 .

VPS Guide for MT4

might as well post the link here.... somehow, my originally private document is now on public domain

VPS guide for Metatrader 4

lesson learnt : nothing is private if it's on the internet... or at least not for long.

hope you all find it useful

how to setup EA

i new to forex can anyone tell me how to use EA

how to reboot

I am using VPSland. The service is good, but I have a problem on rebooting the system automatically once a day. I have tired various methods, including the task scheduler in windows, and some other task scheduler software. I have read ckowyung's manual and tried his method.

The result is that the system only starts when I log on the system again. I've put my MT$ in startup, so MT4 and ea also restart only when I log on again.

I am now doing the reboot every day manually. Can anyone with experinece in VPSland tell me a better way?

MiniMe:
Gate.com: Virtual Private Servers (VPS), Dedicated Servers, and Shared Hosting Solutions are the best

VPSland.com is good and cheap

they both provide win2003 server you can go for stand alone or VPS for a cheap solution

I had a very poor experience with Gate.com after reading glowing reviews.

Had a major problem with the server since day one, took them six days to even look at it. First time I called tech support it didn't take me long to realize I knew more than he did. Nightside tech support very inexperienced.

I cancelled after 10 days.

Also had Jodohost, cancelled after two months.

Currently with SWVPS.com, good so far, also the least expensive.

I've learned that hosting services typically oversell their servers with service taking a backseat. First consideration for the user is reliability and fast service. If you start to see problems, cancel fast and move on, it's not likely to improve.

I'm beginning to think that a laptop with WIFI might be a good alternative at least as a backup to my home PC. You have a battery that will probably run longer than an average UPS and there are more WIFI areas every day.

After three VPS hosting services so far I would rather have a system I can monitor myself.

ARBAT:
daraknor, Thanks for the offer, but i would like to know how to fix it, since i am already paying for the monthly VPS service. So if anyone knows how to setup service for metatrader on Windows Server, please let me know...............

There are several good applications that will allow you to run a program as a Windows Service. I have one called "AlwaysUp". It will monitor your programs / platforms and restart them if they hang up or the computer crashes. It will also email you if there are problems.

Reason: