EA on remote servers ? - page 2

firedave:
I think a dedicated server is more expensive than a VPS, unless you could have it cheaper. I also thing MT4 only consume low bandwidth, so maybe you could run more than 10 MT4 on 1 VPS. Right now I have 9 on my VPS. Hope this help

how much Ram guarantedand how much flexram? - that´s often the difference between different offers-.

my notebook has 256 MB ram, but that´s not enough, so i have additional virtual Ram from harddisk ~350 MB.

I don´t know 512 MB ram guaranted would be faster on a VPS- Mt4 algorithms and ordering..-`Better` 1012 MB ram?

haubentaucher = ?

I've often thought about how to make my connectivity secure etc. if I am to run an automated system, but I am not very technically savvy (yet) about computers themselves. Am I understanding correctly that you can run your MT platform with an EA running on a server somewhere, and then access it remotely from your own pc so that your connectivity is not dependent on your own pc?

Anyone have link to a forum or site they use for information about this kind of thing...I will start my own research but any advice/direction appreciated.

~Nebula

firedave:
Like to share my experience with you guys. I have run MT4 on VPS for almost three months now, and seems like everything is doing well. I think VPS is your solution. Hope this help

Hi firedave, could you post the URL to the VPS please?

I've been trying to figure out which one that is.

marlin

hi

i am thinking also to let my EA to run live from my home.I have 2 permanent internet connections each one on diferante network card betveen modem and computer.When one connection is down MT4 use other one with no problem,need few seconds to reconnect.My EA also place stop lose and profit target when entering the trade so there is small risk from losing connection even for longer period.

What broker are you using for autotrade ?Any sugestions ?

deepdrunk:
i am thinking also to let my EA to run live from my home.I have 2 permanent internet connections each one on diferante network card betveen modem and computer.When one connection is down MT4 use other one with no problem,need few seconds to reconnect.My EA also place stop lose and profit target when entering the trade so there is small risk from losing connection even for longer period. What broker are you using for autotrade ?Any sugestions ?

Hi, I think Eric had start a great discussion about MT4 broker here https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/65-mt4-brokers-metatrader-brokers . Hope this help

Nebula:
I've often thought about how to make my connectivity secure etc. if I am to run an automated system, but I am not very technically savvy (yet) about computers themselves. Am I understanding correctly that you can run your MT platform with an EA running on a server somewhere, and then access it remotely from your own pc so that your connectivity is not dependent on your own pc?

Anyone have link to a forum or site they use for information about this kind of thing...I will start my own research but any advice/direction appreciated.

~Nebula

Nebula,

If the server is running Windows and u have Windows on your desktop, u can just connect with the utility 'external desktop' (which is standard in xp editions) to the server, and operate the server as if it was your own pc at home.

Nebula:

~Nebula

Maybe this link can help: http://www.hostsearch.com/q_dedicated.asp

Anyone has any experience with "services" on "Windows Server 2003" which will restart selected software in case the server is restarted, i tried to set it up but it did not work.......................

My problem: the "virtual private server" shuts down/restarts, metatrader is offline for couple of hours which screws everything up until i restart it manually.

In many cases applications need specific software that tells them how to run as a service. I do not know of a reliable way to do what you are asking in Windows. In linux it is fairly simple

I am offering a beta of a hosting service which will automatically monitor, restart, etc EA.

Reason: