Automated MACD Trader - page 10

First Post Was Wrong

Hi my first post did not describe the sytem properly - I got it back to front !

Please see below what I meant to say - sorry for my stupid mistake.

Hi I am new here. I have been working on a system that sounds crazy but it does seem to work. Can anyone make an EA so that I can test the system and improve it with the help of people on this forum.

I will give the basics of the system here and if I get some positive help I will then publish the "finishing touches" to the system.

Here are the steps.

Buy Trades

1. I am working on daily charts for GBP USD but it seems to work for all pairs on all time frames.

2. If MACD is above zero on the bar that has just closed then place a buy order for the price of the low on the previous bar. The take profit level is 100 pips.

3. At the close of the present bar check to see if any of our open positions are in profit. Close all current trades that are in profit.

4. We need an equity out option. This will have to be alterable according to the pair that we trade and the time frame. We will pretend that it is 500 pips. So at any time intra bar that we have an aggregate profit on open trades of 500 pips then all open trades are closed instantly at market price. This means that we would closing some winning trades and some losers. The aim is take profits regularly and try to avoid too many big losers.

5. If we have just exercised the equity out option the system should then close all pending trades.

Sell Trades

1. I am working on daily charts for GBP USD but it seems to work for all pairs on all time frames.

2. If MACD is BELOW zero on the bar that has just closed then place a sell order for the price of the high on the previous bar. The take profit level is 100 pips.

3. At the close of the present bar check to see if any of our open positions are in profit. Close all current trades that are in profit.

4. We need an equity out option. This will have to be alterable according to the pair that we trade and the time frame. We will pretend that it is 500 pips. So at any time intra bar that we have a profit on open trades of 500 pips then all open trades are closed instantly at market price.

5. If we have just exercised the equity out option the system should then close all pending trades.

I know it seems very simple and a bit reckless but I would invite you too look at a few daily charts.

The system will make a few very poor trades but hopefully some of the exit stategies listed above should get us out of the market with our account in tact.

As I said I need an EA so that I can properly test and develop the system.

I hope that you can help.

Macd ea

can anybody write an EA which works on MACD-LINE signals?

I appreciate his or her help

Files:
gbpusd.gif  21 kb

Need Increased lots after every deal

Hello Firedave,

I have started using your MACD Histogram EA and the results are really encouraging..

BUT I want the following modifications in the EA to make it absolutely profitable..

1) I checked, even after giving true/false parameters the TP SL are not working.

2) The reverse order system is also not working after setting parameter to false

3) Most importanantly I request you to kindly incorporate the following in the EA

a) SL at 30 pips

b) TP at 70 pips

c) Lots increment after every Stop-loss met as follows:

till profit TP met

Could you kindly do the above in the MACD-Histogram-CCI EA that you have posted and kindly again make sure that the TP & SL work coz currently these are not working even after changing the parameters true/false as suggested by you.

Ill be really obliged for your help.

Thanks

SUNNY

Hello Firedave

Hello Firedave,

Refer to below post #96

To Firedave

Hello Firedave or others,

Have not seen you here so far, are you still active here!

I believed my post here is not clear and hear not respond from any members, So, I make edit and re-post by request hope to hear some answer.

I downloaded the attached MACD Histogram EA and tried modify the existing version to add two more MACD indicators setting (5,34,1 timeframe H4 & M30) onto it, but was not successful, after compiled it appeared either “variable not defined or expression on global scope not allowed”. I know nothing about coding and do not know how to overcome it, could your experienced people help.

My request is as follow:

Buy Sell Condition:

Buy Entry = 4hrs Macd Line crossed up or above 0 + M30 Macd Line crossed Up or above 0 + M5 crossed Up 0;

Sell Entry = 4hrs Macd Line crossed Dn or below 0 + M30 Macd Line crossed Dn or below 0 + M5 crossed Dn 0;

Exit Condition:

Buy Exit = M5 crossed Dn 0;

Sell Exit = M5 crossed Up 0;

Hope my explanation clear here. Thank for your kind help.

Regards

Harrytn

MACD Histogram v2

Hello everyone!

Why MACD Histogram v2 does not work TP and SL? Can someone fix it?

Thanks!

Hello,can you edit stop loss and take profit?

dont want pureSAR.so pls remove it.

sl on a buy trade---->last low of zigzag(12,5,3)

sl on a sell trade----->last high of zigzag(12,5,3)

need 4 options for take profit.

1.half of sl

2.same as sl.

3.1.5x of sl.

4.2x of sl.

please help me.thanks..

firedave:
Hi babar, here is the EA. I'm just backtest it and seems not quite profitable. Maybe you could try and give the best setup. On this EA you could set SL, TP and Trailing Stop. But if you set PureSAR to TRUE, then it will reset all SL, TP and Trailing Stop to zero, and trade purely on signal stop and reverse. Hope this help ps. sorry, you need this custom indicator to run the EA

Macd ma ea ...

There haven't been a post in MACD trading systems for quite some time

I do not know exactly who the author of this EA is (it is not written in the source). Quick test results from 01.01.2012 of the attached EA look like this. Test time frame 15 minute EURSUSD. default parameters as is (no change in default parameters at all)

Files:

Good morning, Mladen

Could make an EA with Zero Lag Macd?(When histogram is above zero buy, and backwards histogram <zero sell)

Thanks.

Reason: