Coding help - page 151

harrytn:
Hi,

I have been searching MACD crosses level 0 EA throughout but can find from the entire forum.

I have downloaded Zerolag MACD from other forum and try added with RSI and need someone could take a look at the EA and help to program the EA working.

Condition Buy: MACD crosses up level 0 & RSI up level 50 (trade trigger MACD crossed up level 0 - single trade)

Condition Sell: MACD crosses dn level 0 & RSI dn level 50 (trade trigger MACD crossed dn level 0 - single trade)

Exit Buy: MACD crossed dn level 0

Exit Sell: MACD crossed up level 0

Also help to input the followings setting into the EA:

Break even settings

BreakEven=true

BreakEvenPips=0

BreakEvenProfit=0

Jumping stop loss settings

JumpingStop=true

JumpingStopPips=0

AddBEP=true

TrailingStop & TrailingStep (check both existing are they working)

Your kind help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Harrytn

Hi Harrytn,

By any chance would you have the Zerolag MACD indicator that this EA is using?

Hi Mrtools,

You are grateful, thanking you for looking into my matter.

Attached my requested EA MACD OsMA indicator for your kind perusal.

Mrtools, I just simply take this EA Zerolag MACD as a example, it because have many useful function settings. I am using a standard MACD indicator setting 12-26-1 (not 12-26-9), what I am refering is MACD Line Crossed Zero Up "BUY" & Crossed Zero Dn "SELL".

Hope my MACD indication up here is cleared to you.

Awaiting for you reply.

Thank you

Harrytn

Files:

harrytn:
Hi Mrtools,

You are grateful, thanking you for looking into my matter.

Attached my requested EA MACD OsMA indicator for your kind perusal.

Mrtools, I just simply take this EA Zerolag MACD as a example, it because have many useful function settings. I am using a standard MACD indicator setting 12-26-1 (not 12-26-9), what I am refering is MACD Line Crossed Zero Up "BUY" & Crossed Zero Dn "SELL".

Hope my MACD indication up here is cleared to you.

Awaiting for you reply.

Thank you

Harrytn

Harrytn, something I always forget to ask from the start, do you have any manual forward testing results using this method?

Mrtools,

No at all. Just a beginner start learning how to trade MACD with the EA.

By the way, I am from Singapore, my time is 02.10am and about to go to bed.

Thank you

Harrytn

harrytn:
Mrtools,

No at all. Just a beginner start learning how to trade MACD with the EA.

By the way, I am from Singapore, my time is 02.10am and about to go to bed.

Thank you

Harrytn

Harrytn, please manually forward test this method first for a month or so, then show us the results, we will proceed from there.

Mrtools,

Thank you for your post.

Perhaps, it will be nice just help and let me have the MACD Line crosses level 0 EA code.

Thank you

mrtools:
Harrytn, please manually forward test this method first for a month or so, then show us the results, we will proceed from there.

harrytn:
Mrtools,

Thank you for your post.

Perhaps, it will be nice just help and let me have the MACD Line crosses level 0 EA code.

Thank you

harrytn

I believe that what mrtools was trying to say is the following : trading systems are built from bottom up, not the other way. It is always much, much better to first test the trading system manually, and then, and only then and if it proves to be profitable in a manual trading mode, try to automate it using a trading EA. The other way, without first testing the rules and all the parts that make a trading strategy, simply does not work.

Hi Mladen,

Understand.

Thank you

mladen:
harrytn I believe that what mrtools was trying to say is the following : trading systems are built from bottom up, not the other way. It is always much, much better to first test the trading system manually, and then, and only then and if it proves to be profitable in a manual trading mode, try to automate it using a trading EA. The other way, without first testing the rules and all the parts that make a trading strategy, simply does not work.

harrytn:
Hi Mladen,

Understand.

Thank you

harrytn

If you need an example how macd indicator can be used in an EA, with each metatrader comes an example EA called "MACD Sample" (just open your experts group and you will find it there - it is a part of a standard metatrader instalation). That EA can be used as a kind of a template how to use MACD in EA

This attached indicator is based on a interesting coding trick of FerruFx, that I modified to show Open price level of multiple years. I found it helpful to estimate long-term range of price as well as key sup-res levels in my trading. Sharing with you.

fareastol

Files:
Reason: