Trading simulators! - page 6

Yes Linuser, I've installed acording with post 12, but it doesn't work

VHands

Please help me , I can't close or modify an open trade. In my tester journal appears this message:

2009.02.25 11:43:43 2000.02.15 01:00 vHandsTrade EURUSD,Daily: ObjectSetText( "Profit_49", "", 8"Arial", 0 ) - Error #4202

When I try to compile VTerminal, and VHistory, apperas this message:

Start function not found and cannot be run.

0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

When I try to compile Visual Testing Tools, appears this:

Compiling 'VisualTestingTools.mq4'...

Start function not found and cannot be run.

Function "vTerminalInit" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vTerminalRefresh" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vHistoryInit" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vHistoryRefresh" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vLabel" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "SetText" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vOrderType" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

0 error(s), 8 warning(s)

Faust:
Yes Linuser, I've installed acording with post 12, but it doesn't work

First. I've deleted your files to avoid confusion to future readers. Use the ones posted here.

If you read the thread you could see I had the same problem

Remember:

• Expert Advisor vHandsTrade.mq4 to the directory of \MetaTrader 4 Work\experts\;
  • the included file VisualTestingTools.mq4to the directory of \MetaTrader 4 Work\experts\include\; and
  • 2 indicators - vTerminal.mq4 and vHistory.mq4 - to the directory of \MetaTrader 4 Work\experts\indicators\.
  • And the my tpl on the templates folder

• vHandsTrade.tpl - to the directory of \MetaTrader 4 Work\templates\.

Very important: the only indicator you need to compile is vHandsTrade.mq4, rest just drop it as is.

Follow instructions as posted here and you're done...

Thank you very much Linuxser, now it's runnig Ok

Hi

Is this simulator just for testing experts and indicators?

can i trade manually on this system ? ( buy , sell , buy stop , sell stop, ...)

(Like Trade sim)

And in the expert testing , i just need to put this line on expert ?

#include

( its runing but there is no data on to indicator windows (vterminal and vhistory )

Thx

Can this be used to simulate the repainting strength of a MTF Indicator? Because all MTF Indicators repaint & cant be fixed.

HELP . Need Scripts for LHF Simulator !!!!

Hi All ,

Enjoyed your short but important forum . Trading with a Simulator is what its all about . You can compress months of experience into a day .

All the simulators I have come across are either fall short for simple trading or are too involved that they don't allow you to operate your system template while you manually trade it.VHands is too complicated . It takes over the whole screen

The best so far is LHF but they don't have a Market / Buy and a Sell script , which allows immediate entry/exit.

All of their scripts are time lagged in that you have to wait for conditions to happen before the trade to execute .

Does anyone know if LHF has immediate Buy/Sell scripts around ?

At the moment I am using a pause button and a clip board to record and test

Strategy Tester Pausebreak

I have been looking for a way to interrupt the strategy tester at certain time intervals. I have found assistance on the MQL site for a disscussion on the creation of a breakpoint (Breakpoints in Tester: It's Possible! - MQL4 Articles). Using this I have made an advisor which stops at 12 hour intervals. Limited to input Monday to Friday. Pausebreak.mq4 is attached. Would really like to incorporate the code in VhandsTrade (Testing Visualization: Manual Trading - MQL4 Articles) . Have tried but cannot get it to work. Attached is an amended version of vHandsTrade.mq.

Please post as well as pm any replies.

Files:

Tradesimulator

I have been using the Tradesimulator expert advisor to manually trade the past data for a while now and I really like it so far. I can easily adjust the speed and pause the market when its going too fast. The problem is however that I can only view the market in one timeframe. Basing all trades on the information contained in one timeframe is like flying a plane with one eye. Backtesting my manual strategy using real trades is very helpful but I cannot fully implement my system using only one timeframe. Has anyone heard of or seen an expert advisor or perhaps even another program that allows you to trade historical data in real time for multiple timeframes?

I've attached the expert for anyone to view. Suggestions welcome.

need an improvement

This Vhandstrade is the mosting amazing tool I've ever seen about MT4. I've tried it for days, and I wish someone could make an improvement to the code ---- say the last bar of chart is A, I feel good with the chart and want to open an position, so I use vhands to BUY, then I press F12 once, there comes a bar B and the position is built, BUT: the price of the trade is close price of B, while my wish is close price of A or opening price of B..... that could make a big difference.

So, could anybody please change the code a bit, make it OPEN price of B, not CLOSE price of B ?

Thanks.

Reason: