Trading simulators! - page 5

How to do system back-testing?

Hi,

I'm new to forex and still developing my own trading system. Does anyone know how to best backtest a manual (not automated) system? My broker only displays less than two days chart for a 5-min timeframe.

Thanks!

error

hello Newgital

maybe you can help me ? I follow the rule for instal but I cant compile

my MT4 version 216

Thanks

regards

cmf

Files:
test.gif  332 kb

Maybe your file is corrupted, I see too many errors.

Download it again and replace the one you already have.

fixed

Linuxser:
Maybe your file is corrupted, I see too many errors. Download it again and replace the one you already have.

hello Linuxser

Thanks for your help my trouble now fixed the author sent to me a new file here

regards

cmf

Files:

Strategy Tester

Could someone give me some instructions on running the strategy tester on a certain template (or set of indicators) that I have. If this post needs to be moved - please do. Thanks

jfchild:
Could someone give me some instructions on running the strategy tester on a certain template (or set of indicators) that I have. If this post needs to be moved - please do. Thanks

The template's name has to be exactly the same name as the EA tested

So, make your template and save it with the name of the EA...

MT4 in Simulation mode

Hello Friends

I have an idea about how to play the MT4 in a demo or simulation mode to test the manual systems visually but need a programmer to code such indicator

The idea is : the indicator after it attached to the screen its function to cover all colers ( candles and indicators lines ) with a black cover and by using the right arrow on the key board we can go into future and remove this cover candle after candle which allow the true candles and indicator lines to appear on the screen and if we use the left arrow we can cover the candles again

another idea which is modification of the 1st one

The function of that indicator to cover all colers on the scren into ( NO Colores) and by navigating with right arrow it makes the true colores appear )

So The complete idea at work is :

1- open a chart and add ( for example) 2 moving averages

2- attache the new indicator ( after its attachment all colores on the screen become like the color of background

3- by using the right and left arrows we can return the true old colors of price bars and indicators , or make them hide again

Thnx in advance

Regards

Hello

Any luck with such indicator i asked about in my last post

Why i need such indicator ? because if i use visual mode even i use the high speed it take time ( for example 4 hr candle needs 52 seconds to finish ) this means about 7 mins to examin one day data

So if we have option to jump price bars into future using arrowa on key board or using mouse that will be better

Thnx in advance

regards

ahmed

Indicator idea - need programmer's input

I've been a lurker here for a little while and would appreciate the opinion of a knowledgeable programmer on an indicator idea.

I have found that I can successfully trade the vhands simulator naked just based on the momentum of the tick data. This coupled with s&r would make a very strong system. The problem is that it is not a practical tool to use in live trading as you need to start at the beginning of the day each time you run it.

Is there an mt4 indicator out there that loops current candle tick data in fast forward until the candle is complete (so you may see a one minute candle looping in fast forward 10 -15 times as it is developing before that candle closes)? If not, is this something that is in the realm of possibility for mt4? If it is possible, could a speed bar be used in real time like vhands? If this wouldn't work in mt4, is there another platform that currently has this or that it may be programmed for?

Mihi

Faust:
Please help me , I can't close or modify an open trade. In my tester journal appears this message:

2009.02.25 11:43:43 2000.02.15 01:00 vHandsTrade EURUSD,Daily: ObjectSetText( "Profit_49", "", 8"Arial", 0 ) - Error #4202

When I try to compile VTerminal, and VHistory, apperas this message:

Start function not found and cannot be run.

0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

When I try to compile Visual Testing Tools, appears this:

Compiling 'VisualTestingTools.mq4'...

Start function not found and cannot be run.

Function "vTerminalInit" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vTerminalRefresh" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vHistoryInit" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vHistoryRefresh" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vLabel" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "SetText" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function "vOrderType" is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

0 error(s), 8 warning(s)

Explanation about how to install this indicator starts on post 12 of current thread.

Reason: