Hello, use this.... - page 16

Thanks Firedave,

BTW, any idea where pedro2.mq4 might be located? I looked around the thread and seen it mentioned, but don't see it posted anywhere.

moneyline

moneyline:
Thanks Firedave,

BTW, any idea where pedro2.mq4 might be located? I looked around the thread and seen it mentioned, but don't see it posted anywhere.

moneyline

Look post 68.

Coyan

M M stands for Money Management. If I understand it correctly if you have MM on true then MM is on and it takes a look at your account size as well as the number of current open trades and analyzes them and then the next trade that opens the lot size is adjusted accordingly.

moneyline:
Hi Goldensight,

What is MM?

Thanks!

moneyline

i was running another ea with FXDD MT4 and had a problem with modifying orders. the code looked good. eventually i contacted FXDD about it and there is an issue with the modify order command in how they got their server configured. they are in contact with metaquotes to resolve the issue. that was two weeks ago that i contacted them about it.

this explains why the TS feature of the pedro EA in MT4 does not work.

Thank you coyan, Goldensight and BluePearl.

@ Goldensight --> So if you are going to trade, what's the benefit of MM --> False?

Thanks!

moneyline

Hello all,

Please reply to post # 150. I would appreciate the respons in one post.

I am new and trying to learn how the MT4 platform works. I have no clue about backtesting/forward testing . Could some one guide me to a reference where I can read. I read the help but too confusing.

Many tanks...jj/.

Hi JayJay,

I've heard that MT4 isn't reliable to backtest with.

A forward test is when you use a demo account and

put the EA to execute trades just as if it was live.

I sure would love for Pedro to answer post #150 too.

moneyline

Hi Moneyline,

I tested pedro 4 and I get rediculous figures . What am I doin wrong. Is there some other thread that I should be looking at. I went to the beginners thread and found nothing.

Many tanks for your reply.

Pedro??

jj/.

Same here JayJay.

My demo account went from $10k to under $5K in two days!

Mike4X.

There may or may not be a benefit to having MM set to false, testing it as false is simply one more element to test to see if your equity curve changes. When it is set to false then you can keep your lots at one setting but if set to true then the MM kicks in and does the amount of lots according to the size of your live or demo account.

QUOTE=moneyline]Thank you coyan, Goldensight and BluePearl.

@ Goldensight --> So if you are going to trade, what's the benefit of MM --> False?

Thanks!

moneyline

Reason: