Profit Generator EA - page 49

I have changed the default settings on Nich's latest version because they appear to have some promise with the major currency pairs.

They appear to work well with the:

H1 Timeframe:

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDCHF

See the results of those settings HERE

Some are going live with these settings so I thought it was fitting to make those settings default (out of box).

holyguy7:
I have changed the default settings on Nich's latest version because they appear to have some promise with the major currency pairs.

They appear to work well with the:

H1 Timeframe:

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDCHF

See the results of those settings HERE

Some are going live with these settings so I thought it was fitting to make those settings default (out of box).

Thanks my friend,

The settings of Ea is default?

Fast_cris

Holyguy7

Hallo. Thank you for all the effort and sharing your idea. I am something confused when loading the last version with the default OM=false. The data and settings you refered to showing OM=30. Do we have to run the program with OM... true. Sorry, may be a stupid question. Thanks Karl

karl:
Hallo. Thank you for all the effort and sharing your idea. I am something confused when loading the last version with the default OM=false. The data and settings you refered to showing OM=30. Do we have to run the program with OM... true. Sorry, may be a stupid question. Thanks Karl

Karl,

The answer to your question is, NO. You do not have to run the OM. It all depends on your trading style. It has just appeared through forward testing that the OM as True at 30 minutes seems to improve profitablity.

However, I am currently working with a scalping system (15-20 pips) which I have it turned off. It all depends on your style of trading. Nothing is WRONG with the way you choose to trade with this EA. There are many different ways to achieve success with this EA. It all depends on your style, risk tolerance and financial ability.

And there are no such thing as a stupid question. The EA has evolved quite nicely recently and I wish for all here to benefit from it.

Hi,

A stupid question because I do not want to relook at all code: What is the difference between 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 ?

I coded all 3.2.2 in VB for the tick backtests and maybe there are improvements I should add.

Also about Tick Data, Beluck source ( http://ratedata.gaincapital.com ) seems to be good. Really better than ones I got by visualchart demo.

I still not have began backtests because of less free time actually. I hope I'll be able to make those run during next long WE in order to analyse data next week and find "walking" strategies to test in forward.

jojo

Tip: If you want to download tick data, use wget. Server have low broadband (<2 ko/s) but you can set multiple connections at the same time. I got all 2005 & 2006 data in a night.

jojolalpin:
Hi,

A stupid question because I do not want to relook at all code: What is the difference between 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 ?

I coded all 3.2.2 in VB for the tick backtests and maybe there are improvements I should add.

Also about Tick Data, Beluck source ( http://ratedata.gaincapital.com ) seems to be good. Really better than ones I got by visualchart demo.

I still not have began backtests because of less free time actually. I hope I'll be able to make those run during next long WE in order to analyse data next week and find "walking" strategies to test in forward.

jojo

Tip: If you want to download tick data, use wget. Server have low broadband (<2 ko/s) but you can set multiple connections at the same time. I got all 2005 & 2006 data in a night.

I am on my pda for the remainder of the morning, so i cant post the code. the change was made to the MM function call. i moved it from the start() to the openorder() to fix the prob with om and mm at same time.

Thanks Nich for such a quick answer. Don't mind with code, I will get it from your last post.

Profit Generator EA tested

tested Profit Generator EA 3.2.2 on 4 majors during 9 days

starting capital : 10000 usd

today's equity : 2500 usd

comments: call it '' loss generator'' - instead of profit generator

If any one want my 8 statements i can post it

testing from tomorrow PG 3.2.3 - we will see

zifx25000

Follow the trend

zifx25000:
tested Profit Generator EA 3.2.2 on 4 majors during 9 days

starting capital : 10000 usd

today's equity : 2500 usd

comments: call it '' loss generator'' - instead of profit generator

If any one want my 8 statements i can post it

testing from tomorrow PG 3.2.3 - we will see

zifx25000

Follow the trend

Yes. please post the "loss generator" statements and tell us what version and settings you used.

Post please! And for a loss generator, 9 days is too long. My girlfriend can do better - Jojo

Reason: