Profit Generator EA - page 11

holyguy7:
Another thing I noticed is that the three remaining tradesthat were open from last week were all JPY currency pairs. Two of them were in the wrong direction!!

This is why I would prefer to have an option to this EA to automatically close all trades at 21:00 GMT on Friday. You never know what kind of news can come out over the weekend and like we saw today, news did create a bullish market for the JPY and would have stopped out two out of the three trades.

Just a thought . . .

Your wish is granted.

Files:

Nicholishen:
I agree. So... done and done Thanks for quarterbacking this thing! I appreciate your hard work as well.

Well, you did all the programming of this EA. It was originally designed to be a "toy" EA but I saw potential and began to test. I appreciate your hard work. Hopefully, we can all make real profit off this thing and not have to worry about working again!!!

What I like about this EA is that it appears to work on almost EVERY currency pair I have thrown at it on some timeframe or another. I believe with this EA one could get over 1000 pips a week profit. I mean, so far today, we are up 360 pips in just one session.

No TP?

Look at this order:

2006.03.27 09:27:43 '324157': instant order buy 0.50 GBPUSD at 1.7458 sl: 1.7428 tp: 0.0000

You see that TP=0 but in the EA TP=40. Any solution for this?

Use the following setting if you want the TP to show up.

extern bool UseClose=false;

Twp version

Hi

I noticed there are 2 version 2.4 and 2.6, what is difference between these two, and which one we should be using for testing.

Also holyguy7, for forward testing do we need preset copied to preset folder also?

Thanks

Nicholishen:
Your wish is granted.

Thanks Nich

Maji:
Use the following setting if you want the TP to show up. extern bool UseClose=false;

Thank you Maji!

laserjet:
Hi

I noticed there are 2 version 2.4 and 2.6, what is difference between these two, and which one we should be using for testing.

Thanks

Please use version 2.6. In addition to the weekend close, there are a few other small fixes.

rant

I wanted to start by stating the obvious. The main reason for developers to post their systems here is not for people to tell them how much they . It’s to tap into the resources of the community. I am noticing that once someone comes up with successful settings that the majority leans towards using those settings, and abandoning other tests and/or not posting losing statements and settings. I have seen newdigital and others comment on this topic in other threads. I believe that the majority; all testing the same settings, really doesn’t do a lot to further develop and understand how the EA reacts to the live market. We need to tap into the power of this community and stop wasting resources. Instead of having 110 people all confirm that settings work the same on their demo as they did in another demo, let’s create synergy. Let’s create a method where certain testers contribute by taking on a bundle of settings and posting those results, regardless of how good or bad.

Can anyone think of a way to determine a good range of settings, and then create a list - or something where the tester signs off that he is presently involved on that test (with those specific settings) and will be reporting to the forum?

Let's optimize this thing in a real live environment. Thanks All!

I have not recived any signals on majors ( Daily and Weekly)

Reason: