FXAnt EA - page 3

Holyguy7,

I agree!

Adopted your second version (thanks!) and believe you are right, it could use a filter to check favourable conditions. My testversion took some very negative trades last night (I didn't use the timefilter).

I am testing a version now with a 8 period HMA filter. Only goes Short when HMA has been falling, Long only when HMA has been rising.

So far the mentioned negative trades would have been filtered.

Pity we cannot backtest this EA in any way...

Greetings and good luck.

FloFri:
Holyguy7,

I agree!

Adopted your second version (thanks!) and believe you are right, it could use a filter to check favourable conditions. My testversion took some very negative trades last night (I didn't use the timefilter).

I am testing a version now with a 8 period HMA filter. Only goes Short when HMA has been falling, Long only when HMA has been rising.

So far the mentioned negative trades would have been filtered.

Pity we cannot backtest this EA in any way...

Greetings and good luck.

Any chance I can get that version from you. My test came out mostly negative except for one exception.

I had a H1 version with timefilter that did pretty well.

TP: 25

SL: 15

Seems that it did OK but a slow scholastic or another filter would make this a great EA.

holyguy7:
Any chance I can get that version from you. My test came out mostly negative except for one exception.

I had a H1 version with timefilter that did pretty well.

TP: 25

SL: 15

Seems that it did OK but a slow scholastic or another filter would make this a great EA.

what settings do you want for the stochastic?

Nicholishen:
what settings do you want for the stochastic?

How about 1440 for Scholastic? I believe this EA does pretty well in larger timeframes so 1440 would be good as default or adjustable if possible.

holyguy7:
How about 1440 for Scholastic? I believe this EA does pretty well in larger timeframes so 1440 would be good as default or adjustable if possible.

standard 5-3-3 settings or adjustable as well?

Nicholishen:
standard 5-3-3 settings or adjustable as well?

I like adjustable but go ahead and put those in as default. The reason is is because I am now testing this EA out on the Daily Chart and I believe adjustable would be best for different timeframes. For example: M30, H1, H4, or Daily.

The reason I am interested in this EA is that the markets appear to be changing from a trending style to a ranging style. That means that "trending" EAs may not work very well.

This EA would make a great scalping system as you can program it to trade once or twice a day to get 20 pips at a time.

Plus, I like better to lock in a good profit rather than let the winning go and then have it crash down on you. I would rather lock in small profits on a regular basis. This EA has that potential.

Lets see what we can do. Thanks Nich for all the great work.

holyguy7:
I like adjustable but go ahead and put those in as default. The reason is is because I am now testing this EA out on the Daily Chart and I believe adjustable would be best for different timeframes. For example: M30, H1, H4, or Daily.

The reason I am interested in this EA is that the markets appear to be changing from a trending style to a ranging style. That means that "trending" EAs may not work very well.

This EA would make a great scalping system as you can program it to trade once or twice a day to get 20 pips at a time.

Plus, I like better to lock in a good profit rather than let the winning go and then have it crash down on you. I would rather lock in small profits on a regular basis. This EA has that potential.

Lets see what we can do. Thanks Nich for all the great work.

Is the only criteria that the fast line be greater than slow for long and vise versa?

I really like the 8-3-3 on the H1 charts.

Is there any way you can make it confirm when both fast and slow lines cross up over 20 then it would confirm a "buy" and if both lines cross down below 80 it would confirm a "sell"

See attached screenshot

Take a look at this screenshot of the GBPJPY.

Files:
stoch_8-3-3.gif  25 kb

holyguy7:
I really like the 8-3-3 on the H1 charts.

Is there any way you can make it confirm when both fast and slow lines cross up over 20 then it would confirm a "buy" and if both lines cross down below 80 it would confirm a "sell"

See attached screenshot

Yes. Here's the quick mod. Good luck testing.

Files:
fxant_1.3.mq4  3 kb
Reason: