Raw Ideas - page 114

drammen:
How come? I thought it would be ideal to pull data from MT4. I have recorded every single ask/bid change in MarketInfo(). Just subtracting from the previous price change. If you see under the column "Change", the numbers pretty much repeats itself. Except when there are big movements. Or isn't this reliable enough? Would you point me in the right direction?

A question : how are you going to save tick data for a symbol that is not on chart using MarketInfo()?

There is a lot of tick recording code, but we do not have tick data in native mode. We would have to have all the charts of interest opened and recording tick data just in order to be able to access it from something else

mladen:
drammen
mladen:
More or less, what you are talking about, is already known as the momentum

Thanks for replying back, mladen. I know but the formula doesn't correspond to what im trying to achieve here. Gonna pull up a quote from investopedia:

"...To construct a 10-day momentum line, simply subtract the closing price 10 days ago from the last closing price."

I don't think that's correct. I'm going to illustrate what im trying to do here:

techmac:
We do not have the distance in ticks for specific price change - we do not have tick data

How come? I thought it would be ideal to pull data from MT4. I have recorded every single ask/bid change in MarketInfo(). Just subtracting from the previous price change. If you see under the column "Change", the numbers pretty much repeats itself. Except when there are big movements. Or isn't this reliable enough? Would you point me in the right direction?

Files:
untitled_3.png  43 kb
untitl2ed.png  88 kb

"It may be computed in two ways: either the number of bids received divided by the number of bids accepted, or the value of bids received divided by the value of bids accepted.[SUP][1]"[/SUP]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bid-to-cover_ratio

yourthebest:
that is a good idea... i would further think to perhaps refine it to be additive or alternating in order to equalize/standardize/normalize/square the ticks per time period, rather than dividing the two axis..... that idea is most probably thanks to W.D. Gann. He discussed the instruments price "vibration" and spoke of squaring price. anyone wants to make the code can p.m. me for discussion/details.

Gann sure had some strange ideas

techmac:
Re: Raw Ideas We do not have the distance in ticks for specific price change - we do not have tick data

that is a good idea...

nah.

techmac:
nah.

Why I agree 100%

mladen Do you think an oscillator can be created based on a strength meter indicator. I have access to the code and the indicator does not use buffer. So I created one buffer to store the % value. And the oscillator starts to be plotted after I attach the indicator. But if I lose conection or change time frame I lose all the drawing. So my question is if some how it can be simulated the past data using historical data. I cant share the code of the indicator here because it is copyrighted.

Ok guys I have a interesting question. Have you ever been in a situation where over time you have saved 100's of templates and then you think about a set-up that you saved a while back that maybe you would like to go back and take another look at for whatever reason but you cant remember what you named it ? So what happens next ? You have to go through the whole routine of left clicking and right clicking and then scrolling up and down to bring up saved templates of your choosing , very tedius and time consuming. So question ----- Has anybody developed a CLICK THROUGH app for templates, so that with one click you can auto-matically load the next saved template in line ? Or maybe even go backwards with one click. Shurley somebody has already thought of this, Am I right ?

I've never heard of such an app, but it would definitely help a lot if there was one.

Reason: