Derivative Oscillator - page 2

Can anyone help me????

I already have the indicator....but without the source...and I wanna understand how it works....

Thanks...

Derivative Oscillator.............

Maury74:
Can anyone help me????

I already have the indicator....but without the source...and I wanna understand how it works....

Thanks...

I hope either ShadowWZ or Kalenzo (or any of the other wizzards for that matter), would do this for us! Both Connie Brown's Oscillators are worth having.

Please guys, would you be kind enough to fit this "small" task into your very busy schedule? Thanks in advance.

indicator

Hi,

maybe it's ok,but i don't know for sure &).

Files:

Histogram format?

I would love this indicator in a histogram format, is there a way to do that or someone who could code it that way? Thank you!!!

Nebula

Here it is....

Derivative Oscillator

Maury,

Thank you so very much for progamming a histogram formatted version! If I like this to use daily I could see an alert on zero cross being very desirable :-).

I look forward to observing this indicator. Do you have famliarity with Fisher indicator? This derivitive Oscillator creates very similar signals. If it is not changing/repainting the past it could very very valuable indicator indeed and then I would have to be amazed at how little interest was shown at the beginning of this thread....

~Nebula

Nebula:
Maury,

Thank you so very much for progamming a histogram formatted version! If I like this to use daily I could see an alert on zero cross being very desirable :-).

I look forward to observing this indicator. Do you have famliarity with Fisher indicator? This derivitive Oscillator creates very similar signals. If it is not changing/repainting the past it could very very valuable indicator indeed and then I would have to be amazed at how little interest was shown at the beginning of this thread....

~Nebula

Hi Nebula,

tell me your comments about forward testing...and if you have some ideas we can try to improe it!!!

Interesting Indicataor:))

Hi, I will have o look on it, Could You sent me the formulas of this Indicatar

Zbigi:
Hi, I will have o look on it, Could You sent me the formulas of this Indicatar

I posted the mql file....open it with the editor and you will have the formula....I have also posted the formula for metastock...very simple to understand

ciaociao

In forward testing, there are considerations in functions to use this indicator for:

Entry only

Entry and exit (reversal strategy)

Exit for other confirmed entry

I am comparing it to these other indicators:

JRSX- using the color change of bars as signal rather than zeroline cross as on derivative oscillator. (default)

Fisher Yur4ik: Particularly Fisher_Yur4ik_v1.

Hull Trend: paints price bars (period 20)

And last but not least, a special concoction of IFISH and JCFBaux.

I am observing 1, 5, and 15 min charts so information is coming in faster than H1 and up would be. Observations thus far:

Earliest signals come from Hull Trend and JRSX.

Next signal/possible confirmation most often comes from Derivative Oscillator.

Then Fisher Yur4ik.

Then IFISH/JCFBaux in the particular manner I am using it. IFISH seems to cross zero line when Fisher crosses, so very similar, but when waiting for cross outside of 0.5 lines is stronger confirmation. JCFBaux is used for exit- plot horizontal line in middle of indicator window and compare exit on down cross through horitontal line to earliest signal of JRSX or Hull Trend.

~Nebula

Reason: