Derivative Oscillator - page 3

Indicators

Here are some of the indicators, more in next post.

Here is JRSX and a chart picture.

Files:
jrsx.mq4  6 kb

Very good work Nebula....

TSI indicator

Maury,

I am looking at the TSI indicator as confirmation of Derivative. I twould be easier for me to do that, if the TSI I have was in histogram format. Would you be able to do that like you did with the Derivative?

Files:
tsi.mq4  4 kb

Derivative kicked out of trend early!

Here's a screen shot of tonights' price M5 eur/usd price action.....

Files:

Nebula:
Maury, I am looking at the TSI indicator as confirmation of Derivative. I twould be easier for me to do that, if the TSI I have was in histogram format. Would you be able to do that like you did with the Derivative?

Hi Nebula,

here it is....TSI with histogram shape...

Files:
tsi_histo.mq4  4 kb

Thanks a ton Maury.

Maury74:
Hi Nebula,

here it is....TSI with histogram shape...

Great, Maury!

Maury,

I don't know if this is what you intended when you originally posted about derivative indicator, but it fit in with what I was trying to do with finding the best histogram type oscillator for M5 trading. I can't be at my desk for the entire NY trading session, so I pop in and out and try to catch what I can. This makes m1 and m5 desirable to me. I am seeing how these types of oscillators work great on higher tf's though as well.

So what I've been doing is comparing derivative indicator to other indicators that provide a similar type of signal. In all honesty, derivative is not at the top of the list. It has kicked out of trends early more than once and it lags other indicactors significantly especially when trading m1 or m5. Even something like Osma is superior. Derivative is not terrible, and if you weren't comparing it to these other oscillators could appear quite nice.

The histogram format's you have provided have aided me greatly in these comparisons. I have identified JRSX as a good option, with Fisher close behind, and ColorOsma in a tie. Would you be able to do this to Color Osma? Make the coloring of the bars affected by it's rise and fall rather than it being over or under the zeroline. The JRSX I provided a few posts is an example of what I am trying to get. I have no idea if this will be helpful or needful, but would like to get a chance to see it in action to compare to JRSX if at all possible.

Thank you so much,

Nebula

Hi Nebula,

I modified OsMa for you....is this what you want??

ciaociao

Files:
Reason: