Counsellors to whom. Lots of them and for free! - page 6

zfs >> :

What will be the arrow condition is clear to me. The best answer will be the refined code.

I've been scratching my head. The idea is terribly interesting. I suppose that it would be better if SSB would generate, but not the oscilloscope, but a custom inductor configured to the strategy and put it in the folder \experts\indicators.

Firstly, there will be fewer input variables, i.e. all d*'s will not need to be set, not to mention the fact that unused inductors and oscillators can be fixed.

And secondly, it can calculate the triggering condition by itself directly in the SSB. The results will not be displayed in a separate window, but in a broken line chart, like in ZigZag.

Third, the custom indicator can be immediately built into the EA's code and the values of its input parameters will be equal to values of input parameters of the EA (that's useful, if someone wants to optimize an EA for example).

When I have some free time, I'll make the implementation and post it in the new version.

Reshetov >> :

And secondly, it can calculate the triggering condition in advance. The results will not be displayed in a separate window, but in a broken line, like in ZigZag

ZigZag will not show all signals. How about the arrows?

Yes, the visualisation of strategies is very useful.

zfs >> :

ZigZag will not reflect all signals. Why don't we use arrows?

The ZigZag is clearly not suitable, as there can be a series of long and short signals. And a broken line will be confusing, as it does not reflect the direction of the signal.

That's why I think coloured arrows are much more clear.

Reshetov >> :

The ZigZag is clearly not suitable, as there can be a series of long and short signals. And the broken line will be confusing, because it does not reflect the direction of the signal.

That's why I think coloured arrows are much better to look at.

Yuri, have you tried adding trailing stops to your strategies, other exit conditions, take-profits, stops... I noticed that the exit is usually not the best, so I often close positions manually. I didn't find anything useful in trailing, but I didn't really dig...

zfs >> :

Yuri, have you tried adding trailing stops, different exit conditions, take-profits, stops... I noticed that the exit is usually not the best, so I often close positions manually. I found no profit in trailing stops, but I did not really look for them.

Of course, I tried it. But all this stuff is not universal, not suitable for all trading systems and should be checked using forwards on a particular TS.

On some TS the take and loss events will give a fit for the optimized periods and lead to losses on OOS.

In other cases we may observe worse characteristics of the TS when attaching them, but drawdowns decrease and forwards pass normally. Such TC is more preferable because it may be a little worse in terms of profitability, but it is more reliable. Moreover, profitability can be increased by adding MM.

zfs >> :

Wrote an oscillator for clarity when using SSB strategies. I would be glad if someone would add arrows.

By the way, your oscillator can be used without any arrows. You need to count the number of non-zero variables starting with d* and subtract 1. Then set two levels in the settings, negative and positive, the absolute value of which will be the result calculated in the previous step. As soon as the oscillator value passes one of these levels, we will get a trading signal. Everything is clear and very clear.

No one has answered my question. Why does it only give a nibble for the period in which there is data. is it a fit with history?

aladin >> :
No one has ever answered my question. Why does it only give a profit for the period in which there is data, is it a history adjustment?

Choose only strategies, which give a profit not only for the period with data, but for the period with no data at all, which cannot be and never will be. And everything will be OK.

Reshetov >> :

By the way, your oscilloscope can be used without any arrows. You need to count the number of non-zero variables starting with d* and subtract 1. Then set two levels in the settings, negative and positive, the absolute value of which will be the result calculated in the previous step. As soon as the oscillator value passes one of these levels, we will get a trading signal. Everything is clear and very obvious.

I think that's how it's done, look closely Yuri. I also found a glitch, for some reason it does not always display the number of factors that have been calculated. I.e. if a trade is opened, it's not the fact that the oscillator will display the maximum of factors, it may be 1 less. And vice versa, the oscillator will display the maximum of factors, but the trade has not opened. I do not understand what the problem is.

And I wanted to add arrows, not replace. Besides, the oscillator is more informative than I thought. And it is different for each strategy. When playing in the channel, some of them help identify local hai and lows, determine the prevailing trend. I even have ideas to create new strategies based on oscillator readings other than the maximum.

zfs писал(а) >>

I.e. if the trade opened - it is not the fact that the oscillator will display the maximum of factors, it may be 1 less. And vice versa, the oscillator will display the maximum of factors, but the trade did not open. I do not understand what the problem is.

I will see what the problem is. Maybe in the settings of some input parameters d* is not enough?

I would like to thank you very much for your oscillator, as it is indeed very informative!
Reason: