Harmonic Trading - page 410

grandaevus:
How to Use zup in Multi Time Frame

One of our forum members once asked whether there's a chance to code a mtf zup version.

Well, there's no need a code one since all zup versions have that ability.

In order to cover all detections of a higher time while working on lower time frames, all you need to do is change maxDepth(default value is 55) & maxBarToD(default value is 15) settings.

(Before starting, be sure that ExtIndicator is set to 11)

Let me give you an example

You're working on H1 time frame and you want zup to dedect patterns on h4 time frame range & zigzag depth while still working on H1 time frame

First calculate time frame ratio = H4/H1 = 4

Then change maxDepth settings to 55*4 and maxBarToD =150 or 200

For D1 this calculation will be

D1/H1 = 24

maxDepth=55*24 and maxBarToD =150 or 200

But please don't forget that, a maxDepth higher than 75-100 will put too much strain on cpu & ram.

The good news is I'll find a solution to this and make some code runtime improvements. Even @ 550 or 600 maxdepth, cpu load will increase max %3-5.
RyuShin:
Sir poruchik and grandaevus, have you ever thought about muti-time-frame ZUP? I was just thinking about it even though I'm not a coder lol.. I think it would be interesting and could be useful

Please read post #3509 @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page234

Hi RyuShin ,

I am new to Harmonic Trading. Thanks for your sharing and Template.

After I have applied your template, I find that it has shifted with the chart ...., any idea for the setting ?

Hi , after read more or less the last 150 pg, I have a question about Backtest.

grandaevus, how do you do it? Using an EA like EA ZUP or EA ZUP(AP&DML)?

Could you explain it for a beginner, please? Thanks in advance

grandaevus:
Please read post #3509 @ https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173588/page234

Thank you grandaevus I thought I've read through the whole thread before but obviously I haven't. Maybe I'll give a shot at setting ZUP for MTF.

alam313:
Hi RyuShin , I am new to Harmonic Trading. Thanks for your sharing and Template. After I have applied your template, I find that it has shifted with the chart ...., any idea for the setting ?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I forgot that I shifted. You can shift it back by dragging the arrow on the top. You can find it in the pic. It's in the eclipse

Files:
screenshot3.png  53 kb

RyuShin:
For those who have trouble finding what I use. I use ZUP_v135 ALL NEXT, v135 ALL HL 113, v113_wsv 51 by grandaevus for main indicators and FxGroundworks version ZUP (FxGroundworks Harmonics) and Korharmonics v10.1 for garnishes. You can find those harmonic indicators in the page of 338, 359, 382, and 383. Support and resistance indicator I use is in 399 and my template in 397. Oh and RSI which I bet everybody has.

Hello RyuShin, many thanks for your efforts!

AlexejFX:
Hello RyuShin, many thanks for your efforts!

You're very welcome Hope you can get some good ideas to your trading.

Fibonacci level 192.9 is maybe a new key level.

Files:
screenshot4.png  59 kb
gbpusdm15.png  55 kb

RyuShin:
Fibonacci level 192.9 is maybe a new key level.

Ryushin Hello, and thank you for your commitment and collaboration.

Can I ask how to use the RSI indicator.

That is the model as it helps you find the rsi?

fatotrend:
Ryushin Hello, and thank you for your commitment and collaboration. Can I ask how to use the RSI indicator. That is the model as it helps you find the rsi?

You're very welcome I'm not a professional RSI user but I use RSI to see if the market is overbought or oversold or if there's divergence. RSI above 70 is basically overbought and below 30 is oversold. For example in the pic, the price is extremely oversold, and there's a pattern formed, so I consider entering a long because RSI shows the market is oversold and there's a bullish pattern. Of course this doesn't work every time but it works too. When RSI is overbought or oversold, I go check different time frames to see if the price is also overbought or oversold.

Files:
screenshot.png  57 kb
Reason: