Harmonic Trading - page 493

grandaevus:

Gartley is a 5 dot pattern that has 4 legs.

You can see the min leg length in the information screen which is 225.2 pips.

Now my theory is,

market will retrace at least 0.618 of min leg length from D point.

In our example;

min TP1 will be 0.618 * 225.2 =139

D point is = 0.82579

TP1 = 0.82579 + (139 pips) = 0.83969 (I'll choose 0.8390= FE 61.8)

I'll be testing this theory in this week.

And min leg length can be used to filter patterns.

A pattern that has a very small min leg length(depends on time frame) would probably fail.

Hi

Which indicator is this ? Could you please share it .Thanks in advance .

RyuShin:
I didn't get the gartley formed by v117 but KorHarmonics detected. Your v135 says "cypher" but my v135 says "new cypher". Is your v135 just v135 or v135 ALL HL 113?

Hi, I wonder what pattern your zup 117 detected

my max depth 55ExtMaxBar 1400

because the only thing I actually did change in the settings is the pattern list.

I am using v135 ALL HL 113, I changed the x,y of the text and the name of new cypher to cypher(because that's how i know this pattern, that's really no big deal)

darrenmkn:
Thanks for the reply.. do you mean 61.8% of CD leg as TP1?

Hi

Could you please share your indicator ?Thanks in advance .

hrishabh:
Thanks for the reply .Interestingly this version 10.1 when put on charts does not show up v 6.7.8 anywhere on the chart .and v 6.7.8 indeed exists ,it has some new patterns like cypher and ability to show up emerging patterns as well .I have seen the snapshot on a forum .

I found out that any of KorHarmonics versions don't include Cypher pattern. Since you said you have seen a snapshot of korharmonics cypher pattern on a forum, I'd appreciate if you share the snapshot.

Korharmonics v6.7.8 does exist. I found it but only test version. It contains unique patterns such as "Running Corr", "60_50Corr", "Camel Run", "Camel Break", "Camel Flat", "Camel Unreg", and "Sepcial". I have never heard and seen them before. It does not include cypher btw.

I found a different version as well as v6.7.8 Test. This one is v6.7.6 also a test version. I put them on a chart. It seems like v6.7.6 detects more patterns than v6.7.8 with default settings.

v6.7.6 gave me a WARNING that said "File korHarmonics/korHarmonics_MinSwingDefault.txt not found. the last error is 0. This happened every time I switched between different time frames. It's kinda annoying but overall the indicator is working. Try if interested.

irad:
Hi, I wonder what pattern your zup 117 detected

my max depth 55

ExtMaxBar 1400

because the only thing I actually did change in the settings is the pattern list.

I am using v135 ALL HL 113, I changed the x,y of the text and the name of new cypher to cypher(because that's how i know this pattern, that's really no big deal)

It's weird cuz my maxdepth and ExtMaxBar are same as yours. My 117 detected a bullish Max bat (the blue text above bullish NEXT) that is next to the karharmonics gartley.

RyuShin:
It's weird cuz my maxdepth and ExtMaxBar are same as yours. My 117 detected a bullish Max bat (the blue text above bullish NEXT) that is next to the karharmonics gartley.

hmm... i don't really know how zup is acting in situations like this, but maybe the programmed ratios for maxbat were more accurate then the gartley ratios, so it preffered showing the most accurate pattern,

that's the only thing that make sense for me in this case,

it's just an idea:

seems like EURJPY is changing it's direction(Bearish Cypher) on the Weekly chart, now i'll be looking for extended short opportunities.

irad:

it's just an idea:

seems like EURJPY is changing it's direction(Bearish Cypher) on the Weekly chart, now i'll be looking for extended short opportunities.

Nice one irad. You drew it by yourself on ninjatrade There's a bearish TOTAL 3 (which includes New cypher but the pattern was detected by v122 which I don't think it's programmed to detect new cypher) on my chart. I don't know if it's gonna go straight south. Bullish Kor121 appeared last Friday so if it pulls back and test previous support around 128.8, I'll consider shorting. My target will be 38.2 fibonacci retracement where noticeable previous support is around. I wish MT4 had an arrow function like that :/

Files:
eurjpyweekly.png  101 kb

RyuShin:
Nice one irad. You drew it by yourself on ninjatrade There's a bearish TOTAL 3 (which includes New cypher but the pattern was detected by v122 which I don't think it's programmed to detect new cypher) on my chart. I don't know if it's gonna go straight south. Bullish Kor121 appeared last Friday so if it pulls back and test previous support around 128.8, I'll consider shorting. My target will be 38.2 fibonacci retracement where noticeable previous support is around. I wish MT4 had an arrow function like that :/

yeah, I drew it by myself without any indicator, purely using my RAS

I watched it 10 weeks ago when it almost touched the 78.6% and finally it seems to turn over

I won't trade weekly chart, it just gave me an idea to look for extended short opportunities and counter trend long opportunities on lower time frames(at least untill it'll reach 38.2%).

irad:
yeah, I drew it by myself without any indicator, purely using my RAS

I watched it 10 weeks ago when it almost touched the 78.6% and finally it seems to turn over

I won't trade weekly chart, it just gave me an idea to look for extended short opportunities and counter trend long opportunities on lower time frames(at least untill it'll reach 38.2%).

I did some analysis on USDJPY W1 almost a month ago. I posted it but I couldn't find :/ I only found one pic below. The other one is the latest pic. About 940pips down south. A pullback may occur and then continue going down. Or it'll keep going down and make some noise in the rectangle and contemplate which direction to go. I still won't trade larger time frames but it's always fun to observe.

Files:
s2.png  82 kb
Reason: