Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 946

rplust:
Hi,

could anyone please adjust the attached Indicator to also change colour when set to High/Low instead of using it as MA cross. Like the example shown below.

Thank you!

ma_ribbon_filled_1.01_mtf.mq4

How would it change colors when set to high/low (you can have cases when high gets higher and low gets lower then previous values on the same bar)?

mladen:
How would it change colors when set to high/low (you can have cases when high gets higher and low gets lower then previous values on the same bar)?

Well, naturally I have got no clue how this is coded. The example is a MA ribbon 14 period and price set to 2 and 3.

Here is the same one done using the Indicator MA Ribbon 1.01 mtf posted in my prior message.

Files:

Hi,

could i ask a modification on this indicator? Mtf ability and bars limitation if possible.

thanks in advance

stocastic_momentum_index.mq4

rplust:
Well, naturally I have got no clue how this is coded. The example is a MA ribbon 14 period and price set to 2 and 3.

Here is the same one done using the Indicator MA Ribbon 1.01 mtf posted in my prior message.

rplust

What i wanted to know what would be the criteria for color change, and what prices (values) would be used in the case you described

mladen:
rplust What i wanted to know what would be the criteria for color change, and what prices (values) would be used in the case you described

MLaden, I apologize but I don't know the conditions. It's not something I have painted by myself. It is a working MA ribbon, nrp, with MA Period 14 (for both MA's), Ma Method 1 and MA Price set to 2 for the first and 3 for the second MA.

I have overlayed a 2 colour MA period 14 and MA method 1, which conditions for colour change must be similar to the MA Ribbon. The one I'm talking about is an ex4 file and I'm hesitant to decompile it but thought it might be interesting for this forum to turn the MA Ribbon 1.01 mtf into the same thing. The ex4 file also does not allow to change the colour settings which is pretty annoying.

Files:
ma_ribbon_2.png  17 kb

rplust:
MLaden, I apologize but I don't know the conditions. It's not something I have painted by myself. It is a working MA ribbon, nrp, with MA Period 14 (for both MA's), Ma Method 1 and MA Price set to 2 for the first and 3 for the second MA.

I have overlayed a 2 colour MA period 14 and MA method 1, which conditions for colour change must be similar to the MA Ribbon. The one I'm talking about is an ex4 file and I'm hesitant to decompile it but thought it might be interesting for this forum to turn the MA Ribbon 1.01 mtf into the same thing. The ex4 file also does not allow to change the colour settings which is pretty annoying.

Then that is a simple combination of high and low moving averages, but from the picture there are points for which I can not see what is the rule (it is not following the lope of either upper, lower or middle value on some places)

Will have to experiment to see why

thefxpros:
Hi,

could i ask a modification on this indicator? Mtf ability and bars limitation if possible.

thanks in advance

stocastic_momentum_index.mq4

thefxpros

Because of the way how divergences are looked for, it can not be limited to certain number of bars - it would omit some divergences then

mladen:
thefxpros Because of the way how divergences are looked for, it can not be limited to certain number of bars - it would omit some divergences then

ok, thank u.

I'm interested only on histogram for this indicator. Maybe you know if in the forum we have a simpler version of SMI with no bollinger bands and divergences?

thefxpros:
ok, thank u. I'm interested only on histogram for this indicator. Maybe you know if in the forum we have a simpler version of SMI with no bollinger bands and divergences?

"basic" version was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173778/page4

The wait is sweet

Reason: