Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 773

thefxpros:
Hi, this indicator doesn't work properly when i try to set an higher non standard timeframe.

It unloads from the chart after a little freeze. Can you fix this? Please keep the non standard timeframes ability.

stepma_9_mtf.ex4

stepma_9_mtf.mq4

And this other indicator performs the same of the previous one, but it doesn't freeze the platform, just it unloads itself when i try to specify an higher timeframe, non standard or standard tf. Can you fix?

stepma_9.ex4

stepma_9.mq4

Please fix the one which is more speedy and easy to fix, they have the same calculation, i think they are the same indicator.

thanks

Thefxpros, there is a fixed version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173044/page12

mrtools:
Thefxpros, there is a fixed version posted here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173044/page12

oh sorry, i had not seen there.

thanks!

Thanks for your help Mr T

Hi,

could you please check this indicator? it seems it is buggy somewhere.

If i insert any new variable in the external variables without touching the rest of the code, the indicator, when plotted on mt4 chart works fine, but if i try to set another timeframe (standard or not) in its timeframe field, it freezes and unload itself.

If i compile it, no errors at all. Any ideas?

bbands_stop_v3.mq4

just try to uncomment the "Nbars" variable that i was trying to insert and look what happens when you plot the indicator on 5 minute chart setting 15 min timeframe.

Files:

thefxpros:
Hi,

could you please check this indicator? it seems it is buggy somewhere.

If i insert any new variable in the external variables without touching the rest of the code, the indicator, when plotted on mt4 chart works fine, but if i try to set another timeframe (standard or not) in its timeframe field, it freezes and unload itself.

If i compile it, no errors at all. Any ideas?

bbands_stop_v3.mq4

just try to uncomment the "Nbars" variable that i was trying to insert and look what happens when you plot the indicator on 5 minute chart setting 15 min timeframe.

Fxpros, yes when you add an external variable you need to add it to the iCustom mtf call in the indicator in the same order as they are in the indicator and the added external variable should be somewhere after extern int TimeFrame .

mrtools:
Fxpros, yes when you add an external variable you need to add it to the iCustom mtf call in the indicator in the same order as they are in the indicator and the added external variable should be somewhere after extern int TimeFrame .

I'm an ass, i didn't know it.

thefxpros:
I'm an ass, i didn't know it.

Nah don't worry went thru the same thing when I was learning, which to me seems to be a never ending thing.

Hi,

the attached indicator shows the daily open thus it is obvious that it does not plot on charts higher than H4. Could anyone add the code to plot the weekly opening on the daily chart and the monthly on the weekly chart in the same way. Thank you!

pvdflv1.mq4

Files:
pvdflv1.mq4  2 kb

rplust:
Hi,

the attached indicator shows the daily open thus it is obvious that it does not plot on charts higher than H4. Could anyone add the code to plot the weekly opening on the daily chart and the monthly on the weekly chart in the same way. Thank you!

pvdflv1.mq4

Why don't you simply take any multi time frame moving average, set the period to 1, and chose the desired time frame. That way you can get any price and any time frame displayed the way you described

mladen:
Why don't you simply take any multi time frame moving average, set the period to 1, and chose the desired time frame. That way you can get any price and any time frame displayed the way you described

Sorry, I don't have much experience with that. The indicator shows the daily open.How does a MTF MA then show the weekly/monthly open? Secondly, I haven't got a MTF MA to try that out. Could you please post one. Thanks!