Daily Open Indicator

Does anyone have daily open indicator that show today open? I can't find it here.

Thanks.

phildunn:
Does anyone have daily open indicator that show today open? I can't find it here. Thanks.

hi phildunn...

Try this...

hope it help...

Files:

hellkas:
hi phildunn...

Try this...

hope it help...

I am using Alpari (GMT+1) so in "TimeZoneofData" I should put 1,right?

You can also use the built-in function in MT. There are 2 ways:

1. Right-click a chart --> properties --> Common tab --> Show Period Separators. (This will set it up for a single chart)
  2. Tools menu --> Options --> Charts --> Show Period Separators (This will show for all new charts)

The period separator will show the beginning of each day if you are on an H1 or lower time frame. At H4 and above, it shows the beginning of each week.

keris2112:
You can also use the built-in function in MT. There are 2 ways:
  1. Right-click a chart --> properties --> Common tab --> Show Period Separators. (This will set it up for a single chart)
  2. Tools menu --> Options --> Charts --> Show Period Separators (This will show for all new charts)
The period separator will show the beginning of each day if you are on an H1 or lower time frame. At H4 and above, it shows the beginning of each week.

I want to use horizontal line for open price. Thanks anyway.

Daily Open price

I need this and just found your thread - many thanks

Jon

hellkas:
hi phildunn...

Try this...

hope it help...

Improved Modification:

Daily_Open_Line mod-x is a modification of the Daily_Open_Line indicator - Original Author: Midnite

The original indicator has input for a start time onthe hour (9:00, 11:00, 15:00 etc) but notpast the hour (09:30, 15:15 etc). See here for original indicator.

Unable to find a version accommodating a start time past the hour, rather than reinvent the wheel, I have added some edits.

Edits:

1. Added the ability to input minutes and set the start time at any minute past the hour (9:30, 10:42, 14:56 etc).
  2. Added input limits - hours to 23 or less and minutes to 59 or less.

daily_open_line_mod-x.mq4

Been messing with this and the minute feature doesn't work to an extent as MT4 will move any line to the nearest candle open, when ever on a higher TF. Limitation of the orignal code maybe - SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE);

The minute feature works within the limits of mathematical possibilty.

The indicator starts the H-Line at the open of the candle that corresponds to the minute setting-parameter.

On a M5 timeframe a time of 08:05 will start the H-Line at the open of the 08:05 - 08:10 candle and on a M30 timeframe a time of 08:30 will start the H-Line at the open of the 08:30 - 09:00 candle.

If a time of 08:07 is set on a M5 timeframe the indicator will not find a candle open at 08:07 and will skips the 08:05 - 08:10 candle and starts the H-Line at the next available candle open, 08:10 - 08:15. So a minute parameter of xx.07 is meaningless and invalid. Likewise a time of 02:00 on a H4 timeframe is meaningless and invalid as the candle start and end time is 00:00 - 04:00.

Within the scope of present code valid hour and minute settings-parameters are as follows:

M1 - all possible minutes past the hour : xx:00 - xx:59

M5 :xx:00, xx:05, xx:15, xx:30.

M15 :xx:00, xx:15, xx:30.

M30 :xx:00, xx:30

H1 :00:00 - 23:00 (only on the hour)

H4 :00:00, 04:00, 08:00, 12:00, 16:00 & 20:00.

Hello People,

Can anybody help me modify this indicator to draw the complete daily line to stretch to the end of the period separator once new day starts? It currently only draws a tiny line on each candle open but I want it to draw the full daily line for the day. Thanks.

Files:

romotly007:

Hello People,

Can anybody help me modify this indicator to draw the complete daily line to stretch to the end of the period separator once new day starts? It currently only draws a tiny line on each candle open but I want it to draw the full daily line for the day. Thanks.

Delete line 68 for that

I deleted line 68 but it still won't draw the full line to the end of the day. What should I do? Please help!
Reason: