Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 368

thanks

Hi Mladen, i'm relatively new to this forum but are you a sort of gentlemen or benefactor? You are always available to modify indicators! Really thanks.

Are you available for custom work too under fee? I have a couple of indicator to modify.

Newdigital too...very generous man!

regards

can someone make the OBV (on balance volume) to be MTF? pls

thank you

Try one of these :
https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/143/obv_onbalancevolume_mtf.mq4

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/21/mtf_obv.mq4

phoenix:
can someone make the OBV (on balance volume) to be MTF? pls thank you

HP filter

hi mladen and all,

based on the description, this indi should be a Hodrick-Prescott filter.

could this be made mtf?

many thanks in advance.

hp.mq4

Files:
hp.mq4  4 kb

Hodrick Prescott filter mtf ...

This is the multi time frame for the indicator you posted (this one needs the one you posted to work properly, so it is a "classical" multi time frame indicator - copy the indicator from above in the indicators folder in order to allow this one to work)

Also, if you are not aware of it, Hodrick Prescott filter is one of the family of the recalculating ones (some more info can be found here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hodrick ), so be careful how do you use it (it is similar to SSA in that point)

engula:
hi mladen and all,

based on the description, this indi should be a Hodrick-Prescott filter.

could this be made mtf?

many thanks in advance.

hp.mq4

mladen:
This is the multi time frame for the indicator you posted (this one needs the one you posted to work properly, so it is a "classical" multi time frame indicator - copy the indicator from above in the indicators folder in order to allow this one to work) Also, if you are not aware of it, Hodrick Prescott filter is one of the family of the recalculating ones (some more info can be found here : Hodrick–Prescott filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), so be careful how do you use it (it is similar to SSA in that point)

many thanks, mladen.

yes, i know it's recalculating. my use it to identify cycles and therefor i'm applying momentum.

but i noticed the following:

1) if the selected tf of hp_mtf is smaller than the one of the graph, then it uses current tf (on a graph with tf 15m, if i set hp_mtf to 5m it is ignored and treated as 15m). this is not too bad, just wanted to know if it's standard behaviour.

2) applying momentum on higher tf, the outcome is quite funny, but not so helpful if i want to overlay different momentums in one single window. check the picture (hp_mtf in dotted lines): window1 is current tf, window2 & 3 are higher tf. is this something that can be corrected?

bye

Files:
hp.gif  21 kb

1. Yes. Since how can you decide which bar of a lower time frame you should show on a higher tme frame. For example : 1 hour chart and you would like to see 15 minute data on it. Which of the 4 bars is the most significant to show on chart )so which ones are to be ignored)? No way for a reliable answer to that, so the mtf should ignore the lower time frames showing on higher time frame

2. On a mtf you have periods where the value is flat and I guess that momentum gets "confused" in those flat periods. You would have to have a single indicator with HP filter and momentum and then it should be multi time framed (to avoid two different time frames usage in what should be a single time frame calculation). For example : the momentum of a 1 hour HP filter on a 15 minute chart is not a momentum of one hour HP filet but the mtf values of it

engula:
many thanks, mladen.

yes, i know it's recalculating. my use it to identify cycles and therefor i'm applying momentum.

1) if the selected tf of hp_mtf is smaller than the one of the graph, then it uses current tf (on a graph with tf 15m, if i set hp_mtf to 5m it is ignored and treated as 15m). this is not too bad, just wanted to know if it's standard behaviour.

2) applying momentum on higher tf, the outcome is quite funny, but not so helpful if i want to overlay different momentums in one single window. check the picture (hp_mtf in dotted lines): window1 is current tf, window2 & 3 are higher tf. is this something that can be corrected?

bye

engula:
many thanks, mladen.

bye

Engula,

Hi, would you be so kind to post tpl and/or indi's that you use to create the subgraph indi's depicted in your pic? I have not been able to replicate.

Thanks in advance

TCT

Multi time frame T3 basic ...

Multi time frame T3 basic posted at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173058/page15

trendchangetrader:
Engula,

Hi, would you be so kind to post tpl and/or indi's that you use to create the subgraph indi's depicted in your pic? I have not been able to replicate.

Thanks in advance

TCT

hi tct, i don't have a tpl but it's quite simple...

take mladen's modified indi from a few posts ago ('Hodrick Prescott Filter mtf.mq4') and then apply momentum(1). you'll obtain the speed of the hp indi.

hope this helps.

bye

Reason: