Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 396

Did you check this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ?

jayjonbeach:
Hello All. Hoping someone could add the code to make this MA crossover MTF with selectable TF?

I looked through the near 3000!!! Indy's attached and did not see one that is only arrows which is what I was hoping for.

Thanks very much in advance

mladen:

Thank you kind sir I will have a look

smTRIX

smtrix.mq4smtrix.mq4can anyone make it mtf

Files:
smtrix.mq4  6 kb

mladen:
jayjonbeach:
Thank you kind sir I will have a look

Hi Mladen. I just looked through that thread and the 100 Indy's attached and did not find something suitable (there was only one MTF Indy there, and something is wrong with the code I could not get it to work at all)

I attached another Indy from my collection that is very close to what I am looking for. The only trouble with this one, is it is showing the MA in a kind of "stepped mode" when using MTF, and it ends up looking like a Gann activator if MA's are shown, and the arrow shows up in those positions instead of where they would on the higher TF.

Here is an example to help clarify. Let's say I am using EMA 8 and 13 on H4. What I am trying to achieve, is to also have an arrow show up on H4, that shows the same EMA crossover, but as it trulyappears on D1 (so if I go to D1, the arrow there should be in exact same position as it shows on H4). The attached Indy is NOT doing this as I described above, it shows it completely differently.

An added bonus, would be not having the arrow show up unless there is __ pips separation between the two averages, where X is selectable (to help avoid false signals when the two averages are "pinned", or just use 3 if that is easier than selectable, but selectable would be awesome since the best number really depends on the TF being used).

Thanks very much if you can help!

Took me some time to realize that it was not my code entirely and that somebody was doing quite a lot of changes in it

Anyway, posting just a "bare one" of what I have for moving averages crosses now till the multi time frame one is ready. It actually is a quite simple indicator (no need for any complication in this type of indicators)

jayjonbeach:
Hi Mladen. I just looked through that thread and the 100 Indy's attached and did not find something suitable (there was only one MTF Indy there, and something is wrong with the code I could not get it to work at all)

I attached another Indy from my collection that is very close to what I am looking for. The only trouble with this one, is it is showing the MA in a kind of "stepped mode" when using MTF, and it ends up looking like a Gann activator if MA's are shown, and the arrow shows up in those positions instead of where they would on the higher TF.

Here is an example to help clarify. Let's say I am using EMA 8 and 13 on H4. What I am trying to achieve, is to also have an arrow show up on H4, that shows the same EMA crossover, but as it trulyappears on D1 (so if I go to D1, the arrow there should be in exact same position as it shows on H4). The attached Indy is NOT doing this as I described above, it shows it completely differently.

An added bonus, would be not having the arrow show up unless there is __ pips separation between the two averages, where X is selectable (to help avoid false signals when the two averages are "pinned", or just use 3 if that is easier than selectable, but selectable would be awesome since the best number really depends on the TF being used).

Thanks very much if you can help!
Files:

Hi Mladen

Please can you add an alert to your ma crosses.mq4

and if possible an option for signal on closed candle

i did try to add an alert, but got a small error i could nt get rid of

Thanks alot

Posted it here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/180648/page267

WR1:
Hi Mladen

Please can you add an alert to your ma crosses.mq4

and if possible an option for signal on closed candle

i did try to add an alert, but got a small error i could nt get rid of

Thanks alot

Thanks,

i would of continued trying to add the alert, but might of taken a few days lol

much appreciated!

mladen:
This is a multi time frame moving averages crosses indicator. It shows arrows where the 2 moving averages cross

Thank you VERY much, this is exactly what I was hoping for, and could not find anywhere after hours of searching web (which is strange considering how many moving average cross Indy's are floating around!).

You are very generous with your time, and I have many Indy's from you where you helped others over the years.

I really hope you are "burning it up" in your trading and are heavily rewarded for your skills and generosity.

Cheers

Jason

p.s how tricky would it be to add an external input to the "alert" version, that lets you delay the signal until there is "X" pips separation between the two averages where X is selectable? (to avoid a signal when the averages get pinned, which happens often with something like 8 and 13 EMA's on H4 or D1, which is an otherwise great signal)

Here you see what happens without such a filter for the otherwise great cross, and the reason it is badly needed. Circled arrows occurred with little to no separation, so not fully crossed or barely. (one circled one happened only as a result of another, otherwise all circled ones as described. Shown in non-mtf mode for clarity)

Files:
eu5.gif  48 kb
Reason: